Plug and Play Monitor Driver

As a part of the my unattended XP setup process, I would like to force my setup to set my monitor type to "AOC 9Klr" instead of setting up Plug and Play Monitor Driver? Iam using batch scripts to do a lot of things. a id like to use one for that too.

The monitor is simply not detected. The driver signing policy in HKCU is set to 0 everywhere possible.

When I run AIDA32, inspite of that Plug and Play drivere present, it is detected by AIDA that the monitor is a AOC model. I assume that the monitor has everything to be succesfully detected and that the problem is in XP.

How can I do that? How can I reinstall drivers silently and for a particular already present hardware? :/

You're not modifying driver signing by a reghack right? XP won't allow reghacks to do that, you need to use driversigningpolicy=ignore in your answer file.

Here's what you do. Delete setupapi.log. Go into device manager, rip out the monitor, and refresh. Go back to setupapi.log and see what inf it's using. If you wanted to you could modify the inf, to change the display name or anything else you want. It's possible a newer driver on the manufactors website might fix this issue.

-gosh