Installing From DVD and Not Hard drive

talon

I wasable to create an unattended DVD with help from this site

http://unattended.msfn.org/index.htm

I put a lot of Aplications in the $OEM$\$1\Install\Applications

What I noticed is that they all get copied on to the Harddrive of the machine, Is there anyway we can do this installation, whithout actually copying the info on to the Harddrive?

What command line would you use in the batch file?

Ie I use somehting along the lines of

%systemdrive%\install\Applications\WMP9\mpsetupxp.exe /Q:A /R:N

If %systemdrive% refers to the C drive of the machine, how do you identify the DVD or CD drive ?

Thanks

http://www.willowhayes.co.uk/

Getcd.exe is a utility to get the letter of the first CD-ROM drive in the system. This is useful during the applications phase of a unattended CD-ROM installation, because you don't always know which drive letter the CD-ROM will get. The program simply writes the drive letter (including colon) to the output stream. To insert the drive letter into an environment variable, you can use the following from a batch file:

for /f "Tokens=*" %%a in ('getcd.exe') do set cdrom=%%a

After running this command, you can refer to the CD-ROM drive using the %cdrom% environment variable. If you're not running the command from a batch file, use replace %% with % in the above command.

Hi Talon,

if you don`t want the install files on your HD, then you have to put everything into another folder (not $OEM$) and try to use %sourcepath%. I am not sure that this work. Anyway somewhere in the forum is a method to find your cdrom by using an Textfile as indicator that is on cd. Maybe thats the way you prefer.

Have a nice day