Internet Explorer has stopped working...

ppgrainbow

As for Internet Explorer 8 (which is the last to support Windows XP/Server 2003), I'm unable to test it.

In case a direct download link may help, here is it: IE8-WindowsVista-x64-ENU.exe

Have you heard about IETester? If I get a chance, I'll be able to test Livestream and Twitter webpages to see if it works with Internet Explorer 8.

Not really... But it sounds like a good idea. :)

As for Internet Explorer 8 (which is the last to support Windows XP/Server 2003), I'm unable to test it.

In case a direct download link may help, here is it: IE8-WindowsVista-x64-ENU.exe

Have you heard about IETester? If I get a chance, I'll be able to test Livestream and Twitter webpages to see if it works with Internet Explorer 8.

Not really... But it sounds like a good idea. :)

Okay, I managed to do some limited tested on the family computer running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit. I managed to access Livestream on that computer running IE9 (32-bit) and all of the functions work fine. :D

I managed to open an IE window running Internet Explorer 9 using IETester and when I did, IETester crashed, referencing to mshtml.dll. Here are the details:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    ietester.ie9.exe

Application Version:    0.5.2.0

Application Timestamp:    515b98a2

Fault Module Name:    mshtml.dll

Fault Module Version:    9.0.8112.16457

Fault Module Timestamp:    50a30507

Exception Code:    c0000005

Exception Offset:    003c4d15

OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1

Locale ID:    1033

Additional Information 1:    9fa9

Additional Information 2:    178c27e7b647850d94519fb1d6fb4193

Additional Information 3:    710c

Additional Information 4:    ac81c2f72bb362ae511fb83294212b6b

Read our privacy statement:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

When I managed to test Internet Explorer 8 and versions of IE all the way down to Internet Explorer 5.5, it does not do that.

So with that said, something could be causing IE9 to crash. Either it's the malware, a update to my EVGA 8400GS graphics driver or a botched security updates that crippled some of the functionality of Internet Explorer 9. :(

I might have to try running in Safe Mode or creating a new account to see if this fixes the issue and if it still doesn't then, I might be at a impasse here.

Edited by ppgrainbow

When I managed to test Internet Explorer 8 and versions of IE all the way down to Internet Explorer 5.5, it does not do that.

[...]

I might have to try running in Safe Mode or creating a new account to see if this fixes the issue and if it still doesn't then, I might be at a impasse here.

Yes. Well... Considering IE8 works OK and it's available for you, please do enlighten me: why is it downgrading to (much more solid) IE8, and calling it a day, is not an option at all?

[...]

Yes. Well... Considering IE8 works OK and it's available for you, please do enlighten me: why is it downgrading to (much more solid) IE8, and calling it a day, is not an option at all?

More and more websites are dropping IE8 support like they did with IE7 which means that certain parts of the website aren't going to work correctly under IE8 and below.

why not use Firefox or Chrome (Opera)?

I already have Firefox and other browsers installed. For some odd reason, something may have corrupted the files that is required for IE9 to work on various websites. Everytime IE9 crashes, all of the dumps are starting to pile up.

I'm hoping to know what could be causing IE9 to crash.

Okay, I'm starting to get someone here. I took the measure by temporary disabling all add-ons in Internet Explorer 9. After I reboot, I will enable one add-on at a time until I determine which add-on could be causing IE9 to crash.

If disabling the add-ons doesn't help, then I will do a scan to determine what malware could be causing IE9 to crash as well.

Edited by ppgrainbow