how to save yourself if you are alone and choking

This is a simple technique to save yourself if you are alone and choking.

IMO, it's much, much simpler and more effective than the variety of self-applied Heimlich maneuvers, which have been shown not to work for all people in all situations.

I checked to see whether or not this topic had already been posted by scanning the last 10 pages on this thread. It hadn't.

If you like this technique, please show this video to all your friends and loved ones.

For those like me without a sound card, or not interested in the talking the real action takes place around 1:14.

The text version is ;):
Throw yourself at the ground and fail to miss it. :w00t:

MUCH easier than learning to fly :yes:.

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Pick a nice day, [The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy] suggests, and try it.

The first part is easy. All it requires is simply the ability to throw yourself forward with all your weight, and the willingness not to mind that it's going to hurt.

That is, it's going to hurt if you fail to miss the ground. Most people fail to miss the ground, and if they are really trying properly, the likelihood is that they will fail to miss it fairly hard.

Clearly, it is the second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

• 2 weeks later...

@jaclaz:

When I made this topic, I was so busy with other stuff that I just hurriedly scanned your post and didn't give it my full attention.

So, upon re-reading the topic today, I fully appreciate your helpfulness and your clever funniness.

You always have a way of eliminating non-essentials and "cutting to the chase".

Thanks,

Larry