Frequent BSOD, Win 8.1 pro, DMP ready WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE

Bardarem

Dear all,

I've been trying a lot of self medication, but obviously, like true medicine, it does not always work well

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (killed me...again and again)

The main issue for me is that it is not reproducible. When it occurs, sometimes I can get a dump, sometime I can't.

When I can't, the screens usually stay frozen and nothing is available

A bit of history:

A few month ago, my pc started to get BSOD. It was running perfectly fine since almost 4 years, I switched to windows 8 then 8.1 without any difficulties as soon as releases were produced.

After a few tries and testing (run memtest86+ for a few hours, scanned the disks, try to burn the processor with Intelburn with high level stress test , watching CPUID HW monitor during the process...)  I tried the blueScreenView to analyse with my weak technical skills, but it didn't helped me a lot (pointed out the hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe)

Two month ago, I even reinstalled the OS, problem went back after a week , I changed the GPU recently (2 weeks)

From what I read, the problem could be hardware based

As of now, didn't find a way to test Power Supply

Link for dmp file 0505 http://1drv.ms/1mLDRiS

Link for dmp file 0510 http://1drv.ms/1mLE0CE

If you have a guideline to help to find more precise informations, I would be glad to apply it. Since now I feel a little bit out of solutions (could go buy a new Motherboard+processor+RAM+power supply)

I joined the files given by BlueScreenView to this post

Any advices welcomed and thanks for the time you can invest in that post

MiniDump Crash BSOD 10052014.txt

MiniDump Crash BSOD 05052014.txt

have you done a RAM test?

********************************************************************************                                                                             **                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    **                                                                             ********************************************************************************WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of errorsource that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of theWHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check ExceptionArg2: ffffe00115f7a028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.Arg3: 00000000f2000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.Arg4: 000000000020008f, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.Debugging Details:------------------BUGCHECK_STR:  0x124_GenuineIntelCUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULTPROCESS_NAME:  SystemCURRENT_IRQL:  fANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17029 (debuggers(dbg).140219-1702) amd64freSTACK_TEXT:  nt!KeBugCheckExhal!HalBugCheckSystemnt!WheaReportHwErrorhal!HalpMcaReportErrorhal!HalpMceHandlerCorehal!HalpMceHandlerhal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvoushal!HalHandleMchecknt!KxMcheckAbortnt!KiMcheckAbortintelppm!C1HaltMODULE_NAME: GenuineIntel0x124_GenuineIntel_MEMORY__UNKNOWN===============================================================================Common Platform Error Record @ ffffe00115f7a028-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Record Id     : 01cf6b7c5e2e7be4Severity      : Fatal (1)Length        : 873Creator       : MicrosoftNotify Type   : Machine Check ExceptionTimestamp     : 5/10/2014 4:38:51 (UTC)Flags         : 0x00000000===============================================================================Section 0     : Memory-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Descriptor    @ ffffe00115f7a0a8Section       @ ffffe00115f7a180Offset        : 344Length        : 73Flags         : 0x00000001 PrimarySeverity      : Fatal===============================================================================Section 1     : Processor Generic-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Descriptor    @ ffffe00115f7a0f0Section       @ ffffe00115f7a1c9Offset        : 417Length        : 192Flags         : 0x00000000Severity      : FatalProc. Type    : x86/x64Instr. Set    : x64Error Type    : Unknown errorFlags         : 0x00CPU Version   : 0x00000000000106e5Processor ID  : 0x0000000000000000===============================================================================Section 2     : x86/x64 MCA-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Descriptor    @ ffffe00115f7a138Section       @ ffffe00115f7a289Offset        : 609Length        : 264Flags         : 0x00000000Severity      : FatalError         : Unknown (Proc 0 Bank 8)  Status      : 0xf20000000020008f

Sadly, after 13hours, 8 success pass. Looks to be working well.

I just let the Memtest run by itself, maybe I should configure a specific test ? 

If some of you have a recommendation, I'll be glad to apply it

So far since 36h no crash

a ) Are the latest drivers installed from intel? This might be a CPU or motherboard fault as well.

b ) Did it work before without having the crashes?

c ) What has been changed since then in hardware and OS?

Hi thanks MagicAndre I runned CPU-Z

results : http://1drv.ms/1mTt6eg

On the memory tab, I have a DRAM frequency of 683 Mhz, 9-9-9-24 (which I understand is the current real frequency running)

On the SPD table, I see that the max bandwith of all 4 RAMs is   667 Mhz, and on the JEDEC4# of each RAM I have 666 Mhz 9-9-9-24

I didn't even knew I could have different values here and how to modify a RAM frequency :). I'll try to look if I can configure that in the BIOS (unless you have a better way to do it)

And welcome PuntoMX, thanks also for looking around

a) I checked each line of driver in the device manager panel, all was uptodate

b ) Yes I had a really stable machine during a few years

c) 

for hardware changes : Razer keyboard (I had razer before), GPU switch from 275GTX to 770GTX. It was crashing before the changes

OS change: Windows 8 pro 64 bits, then windows 8.1 pro 64 bits, It was not crashing before Win8, but I also runned well under Windows8 during a few months

I'll see Intel's utilities to look for upgrades or updates.

I'll debrief later ^^

Edited by Bardarem

Sooo

In the BIOS setup, I discovered a turbo mode enabled for the RAM, I disabled it. on CPUZ I now have the same DRAM frequency that the SPD

I also saw that the CPU was running overclocked to 3ghz, once again. I disabled the Intel Turbo Boost function, and It returned to the 2.80 Ghz

It should be the most base spec configuration possible

Strange thing, in the BIOS setup / Gigabyte Motherboard / Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker status panel

The keyboard was blinking, and a lot of functions key were not working (only f1 and ESC were working)

And for information, the CPU stayed overclocked for almost 2 years without  any issue before

I'll see if I have another crash, will try to launch  games and stuff. And tell you guys !

Is this a "socket" LGA1155 or 1150 build?

If so and the reference "bus" (CPU base clock) speed is not 100MHz it could give you a lot of problems. turbo should not be a problem if and when the CPU supports it; it simply changes the CPU base clock multiplier when needed and not the CPU base clock itself.

Socket 1156 LGA, I thought the base frequency was 133 Mhz. For the moment everything running smoothly.

This WE Ill try to isolate by overclocking the CPU, only if stable change the RAM (with this famous turbo mode >_>)

So thank you all, for the moment thanks to you and the tools given, the situation looks better and less frustrating