Has anyone succeeded in eradicating My Documents from Windows?

Has anyone succeeded in eradicating My Documents from Windows?

I've tried in the past and not been successful. I tried again today and in addition to unregistering mydocs.dl, removing any and all to do with the My Documents system in the registry, I removed the mydocs.dll file.
Still no go. Seems some of it is in shell32.dll.

This thing just creates extra clicks for me since I don't use My Documents.  I just want to see Desktop and My Computer when browsing for folder. I look into removing My Networks Places later.

post-12166-0-84541400-1399507758.png

I haven't gone through Group Policy yet. Just thought I'd throw this out now hoping someone has some insight before I start the tedious task of digging through there.

Thanks!

Thanks but that link is not my issue.

Up until a couple of months ago, I used explorer.scf to launch explorer. That opens the OS drive in an expanded state. I'm now using a shortcut to My Computer.

The issue is when you're in a program and you need to tell it what folder to do whatever.

Browse for folder...

Browse_For_Folder.png

Stupid thing drives me crazy always having My Documents selected. :realmad:

Oh ok, I had seen other similar things while searching. This, but uses shortcut schenanigans:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/windows-and-office/how-do-i-tweak-windows-explorer-to-open-in-a-directory-of-my-choosing/816/

All I can find is this type of thing, which I don't think would work for browse boxes generated by other applications. It may be possible to change the explorer shell path in the registry but that should be tested on another system before attempting.