[8.7.2] using REGEDIT on 64bit system

Hi,

I just upgrade to 8.7.2 release. I did not bump into bit64 problem. I mean, I remove all line bit64[pn] form my config.js file.

But I ran into a problem with REGEDIT command.

Before I was using WPI 8.6.3

my config file was :

prog[pn]=['Activer Windows Update'];uid[pn]=['WUx64'];desc[pn]=['Activer les parammétres de WindowsUpdate'];dflt[pn]=['no'];forc[pn]=['no'];bit64[pn]=['yes'];cat[pn]=['Finalisation'];configs[pn]=['Win7,Licence Free'];cmds[pn]=['{REGEDIT} "%wpipath%\\..\\Windows Seven\\Astuces - Windows 7\\Activer WindowsUpdate - Windows Seven.reg"'];cond[pn]=['getOSver()=="Win7" && FileExists("%wpipath%\\..\\Windows Seven\\Astuces - Windows 7\\Activer WindowsUpdate - Windows Seven.reg")'];pn++;
it was using as REGEDIT C:\Windows\system32\RegEdt32.exe
Now with WPI 8.7.2 it is using C:\Windows\sysWOW64\regedit.exe
(I suppose the difference is related to sysPath32 and sysPath64)
and unfortunately with my .reg file il does not work.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update]"AUOptions"=dword:00000002"IncludeRecommendedUpdates"=dword:00000001"ElevateNonAdmins"=dword:00000001

Thanks for any help provided.

Regards,

Gilles

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

After looking into that issue, I came to the conclusion, that I need 2 REGEDIT command patern as on a 64 bit system, such as Windows 7 I need to include registry key either in the standard hive (64 bits) or in the 32 bit hive (Wow6432Node).

To achieve that I have created a REGEDIT32 patern to force usage of 32 bits entry on a 64 bit system

As I do not use the UI to set my config file I have not looked into the changes that need to be made.

In file installer.js add and replace the case REGEDIT statement by

case 'REGEDIT32' :	if (FileExists(cmd))	{		if (cmd.indexOf(" ") != - 1 && cmd.substr(0, 1) != '"')			cmd = '"'+cmd+'"'; 		cmd='"'+sysPath32+'RegEdit" /S ' + cmd; 		fsoCmd=true;	}	else		cmd = getText(txtErrorRegEditFileExists);	break;case 'REGEDIT' :	if (FileExists(cmd))	{		if (cmd.indexOf(" ") != - 1 && cmd.substr(0, 1) != '"')			cmd = '"'+cmd+'"';		if (OSBits==64) 			cmd='"'+windir+'\\RegEdit" /S ' + cmd;				   		else 			cmd='"'+sysPath32+'RegEdit" /S ' + cmd; 		fsoCmd=true;	}	else		cmd = getText(txtErrorRegEditFileExists);	break

Hope this helps someone.

Regards.

Gilles

• 3 months later...