jdeboeck batch problem

I had this strange problem with jdeboeck's batches. It wouldn't update the sysoc.inf file, i redid the procedure several times but it didn't wanna work. So I did some manual testing with the findstr command on the sysoc.inf but no luck there until i finally watched the file in a command line editor. It showed a dot before and after every sign. Took some more testing and when i was saving the file in notepad it showed as a Unicode document which was the problem. findstr works with the file now, just gotta do the batches on the whole thing to see if it works good.

I'm just wondering if any of you guys have had this problem before, cause i haven't read about anything like this. And btw, is there any Unicode compliant findstr command/file ?

haven't come across such problem.. used jdeboeck's bathes many times.

maybe you accidently just opened sysoc for manual editing and saved it as Unicode by yourself. batches (unaltered) don't do such things.

I ran jdeboecks file so many times, never seen a problem with unicode

and as a matter of fact if u looked at the batch files there is nothing that tells the batches to save it as unicode. maybe u did something manually as mentioed