avoiding generated shortctus

Hi. When I create a new user account, after a slight-installation of my windows XP pro, There are some shortcuts created automaticaly like Media Player, Internet Explorer and Outlook Express and some Accessories leading to the creation of a unwanted folder called Accessories in the Start Menu.

There also are some shortcuts in the Frequently Used Programs List in the Start menu.

Is there a way to stop this from happening? At the moment, I have a batch in the startup folder in Defaults folder to automatically delete them as soon as it creates them but it won't delete itself after it has done it's job.

GreenMachine....

the problem with you're little tip of looking for prior posts by you, is that you went back and editing them removing what you said :)

I remember looking for information on it, and you ended up just PMing me about it. lol.

Me? Well, at least they won't pass the search filter! Perhaps I'll get inspired again, and add a STUBPATH page to my WebSite ramblings. Or now that I have my own cage and moderator rights there, I could make an XPCREATE thread ... Things have been a tad quite anyway ...