Network connection freeze every 10 hours

jj328

I have a network setup as follow :

Server - Windows 2003 DOMAIN Server

Client - Windows XP Pro / SP1a

Simple TCP/IP DHCP network connection but I found that the problem come out every 10 hours client machine logon the network connection will freeze. The client machine need to disconnect the network & reconnect or reboot the machine than become normal.

How I found out this problem, is using the MS-word or others MS office software, cause the MS-word auto save feature save every five minute than found out this problem. Does anybody see this problem before. And help me how to solve this problem please.

Regard,

JJ

hmm, maybe u can go to d-link web site and have a look whether there is a firmware upgrade for ur switch. Besides that, check ur server2k3's event viewer whether there is something happened b4 the client's connection freezed.

I remember something happened like that with our server at work. The problem for us was the onboard NIC, it was faulty so we got it replaced. When we replaced it, we started to use it, and the prob persisted. So we switched to the other NIC and the problem went away. I'm guessing that it had something to do with the onboard NIC and how it handled the traffic.

Maybe this helps you out... :)