Problem integrating AMD drivers

Tomorrow

For some reason AMD graphics drivers refuse to integrate into Win7 x64. Specificly Catalyst 13.12 but as far as i've seen that has been the case last few years. DISM complains that it was unable to integrate amd drivers. I wonder why because Nvidia drivers integrate just fine.

So is anyone manage to sucessfully integrate drivers into install.wim with DISM? (or some other method?)

In my experience with ATI and nVidia drivers, DISM does not support all the INF functions that those drivers use. This is why DISM fails. The one way I've found to actually get those drivers in there is to deploy the image without the drivers. Then manually install the driver. You would need to use a driver extractor program, one that can take the installed device and build an INF package. Then you can integrate that INF.

Due to support reasons, I don't bother with that method.

Hmm yes i figured as much by googling various topics that dealt with integration woes. Mostly the case was that the user had not properly unpacked the drivers (there were ati.ex_ and ati.dl_ files present). Thats not the case with me however as i take the drivers from live system's FileRepository folder (C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository) and everything is properly unpacked already. Best i figured was that the inf-s had some extra dependecies that i was not able to satisfy by integration.

I guess sysprep or setupcomplete are maybe options to get amd drivers working before arriving at the desktop?

Btw subsequent integrations showed success with DISM but im still at the process of evaluating if the driver actually installs during installation (i rather prefer to use the $WinPEDriver$ method in unnatend.xml so i dont have to bloat install.wim with drivers that quickly go out of date).