Windows PE/ Auto open .exe

jbrush115

Well I feel a little dumb now for giving you a little wrong information but here it is. my other post I said

Once I get the JavaScript error message I can close the error message and the malfunctioning program and type in "bin\sccui.exe" at the CMD and it will work fine

It seems I was wrong. I was actually typing what is in the last quote I posted not the above quote. Sorry

I have noticed that if it looks like this at the Command prompt then I get the JavaScript error message

X:\windows\system32>wpeinit

X:\windows\system32>bin\sccui.exe

But if it looks like this then it will will work everytime with no error message

X:\windows\system32>wpeinit

X:\windows\system32> cd bin

X:\windows\system32\bin>sccui.exe

Sorry about that. maybe this will help solve the problem I am having. I don't understand what the difference is whether I "CD" into the directory or just type the whole command

thanks

Edited by jbrush115

There has been a misunderstanding actually more than one, and possibly a couple of mistakes in the posted batch.

Let's start from scratch, OK

Check that the test.cmd is in the directory X:\windows\system32\bin\ i.e. %systemroot%\system32\bin\ and that it has these contents:

@ECHO OFFSETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONSECHO Test.cmdECHO %~dp0ECHO Changing directory ...CD /D %~dp0CD ..ECHO Now executing %~dp0sccui.exePAUSEsccui.exe

When you are prompted to "Press any key", press CTRL+C instead to stop the batch.

Are you having a console with prompt:

X:\windows\system32\bin>

Yes or No?

IF you have it as above, and type in it:

sccui.exe

and press [ENTER]

what happens?

jaclaz

Yes the test.cmd is in the correct location and looks exactly like yours.

This is my command prompt

x:\windows\system32>wpeinit

X:\windows\system32>cmd.exe /k X:\windows\system32\bin\test.cmd

Test.cmd

X:\windows\system32\bin\

Changing directory . . .

now executing X:\windows\system32\bin\sccui.exe

Press any key to continue . . .

terminate batch job <Y/N> y

X:\windows\system32>_

I am not getting what you want me to get unfortunately

Good.

Now remove from test.cmd the "CD .." line.

@ECHO OFFSETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONSECHO Test.cmdECHO %~dp0ECHO Changing directory ...CD /D %~dp0ECHO Now executing %~dp0sccui.exePAUSEsccui.exe
And now what happens if you press the CTRL+C and what happens if instead you do "press the any key"?

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Good, now we have seemingly the confirmation that that stupid program needs to be launched once having changed dir to it's directory (which means that some of the needed files to execute it are in that directory).

So, change the test.cmd to:

@ECHO OFFSETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONSCD /D %~dp0sccui.exe
and it should work. :unsure:

If it does, try using in startnet:

START "Mycmd" /D "%systemroot%\System32\bin" /W "%systemroot%\System32\bin\sccui.exe"

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Ok I couldn't resist I had to try it. After dozens of reformats on the flash drive and reloading of Windows PE..... it works perfectly. thank you very much for your help. Its such a pain in the butt having to mount the .WIM and then change the files and then unmount and then convert to .ISO and then Copy to bootable flash drive. Its not hard just time consuming.

Thanks again for your help

Edited by jbrush115