Any way to burn to a CD-RW?

Hey all,

I was wondering if there it was possible to make a CD-RW bootable, while still being able to alter its contents. I've been thinking of making a bootable ISO9660 partition for all the Windows setup files, and having my %OEM% folder and such on the same disk, but on a UDF partition so I could change the files around when new versions release and stuff. Thanks for the help.

(By the way, I'm new here. I just didn't think I deserved to have a whole thread dedicated to me in the introduction forums :)).

Yes. I'm hoping to have the %OEM% folder in a modifiable partition so I can change it's contents when, for example, new video card drivers are released, so it's always up to date.

And I know it's for introductions. I just don't see the point of making my own thread to say hi. I'll do it as I go along :).

I was trying something similar to this but couldnt get it to work because the CD-RW had too much info to make a multisession disk. So I just gave up it wasnt worth the time since doing an erase and reburn doesnt take too much more time.

I dont know what burning SW you are using but I just looked in Nero under the CD-Rom boot, you might try unchecking the finalize CD (no further writing possible!) checkbox then after you burn try to add the file.

Just a thought

Good Luck.

TWILL

Hi Chloroform,

Twill is giving you the point not to close the session. Ok that would work but some older CDROMs maybe have problems with unclosed Boot-CDs.

If you want to use your CD for Rollouts on many PCs the best way is to leaf an ISO Image on HD.

So when new Updates are outside, you can modify the Image and reburn your CD.

Many Burning Progs like Nero can be installed unattended withing your Windows Setup, so there is no problem to reburn it.

Have a nice day..