Windows Media 9 Codecs setup

Alexey

define slipstreamed?

integrated into the source like the hotfix files are, or like the .NET pack where the install is called from svcpack.inf?

You can't integrate.

But including it on the CD is possible, I don't know the switches however. When you do find them (probally /Q:A /R:N ) you would need to make it into an iexpress package (instructions are on GreenMachine's website) and the drop it into SVC-EXE

Or you could include it in a batch file run elsewhere.

After running windows XP Pro setup without the wm9codecs.exe file, it does NOT appear as an update on the windows update site(I just ran the installation). I believe this file is strictly designed to give users of WMP 8.x the ability to play the same files as the WMP 9 users either that or it has since been integrated into the WMP 9 setup itself.

:edit:

either wm9codecs.exe or the Q817787.exe update to WMP caused my WMP 9 to NOT OPEN AT ALL so beware, it got stuck on the screen below no matter how many times i clicked "continue" or closed and reopened WMP 9!

and BTW after removing both updates and reXPCREATing my cd niether one of these updates appeared on the windows update site

post-87-1079997413_thumb.jpg

I slipstreamed them into the install because i thought they were additional codecs for WMP9, and wanted them integrated into my installation...

It made sense until i found that it causes WMP to NOT EVEN OPEN! lol then i realized they are already included :/