W7 Home Premium 64-bit and VHDs

mrjonnyHello

Hi

I have some software that I think will work in 32-bit, but always starts 64 because of my architecture.

The problem is I kinda want to run some in 32-bit mode sometimes

VLC has a minlyrics plugin to automatically play music. I usually use MediaMonkey, but I do love lyrics, and there's a vlc plugin installed, it's just not 64 bit.

Can't find a 64 bit plugin, and have a few apps with similar scenarios, and I'd like to test running in 32bit, but have very little programming/common sense.

I have XP mode, I'm loooking at vmplayer to launch the vhd. as windows virtual pc requires validation, and when I download the genuine check it says it needs updating.... ridiculous! something's always getting in the way!

so, if anyone has had success setting up xp mode vhd on home premium using virtual pc (or without maybe? i can attach a vhd in disk management, just don't wanna break my pc .. again)

I've downloaded xp mode.which is a vhd. Now I'm a bit lost!

Some* (maybe all non 64bit apps) have XP SP3 as an option in compatability, but not the 64bit ones.

any suggestions welcome! thanks

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 has Wow (Windows on Windows) and supports 32bit binaries. If you launch an application, you can tell if it is running in 32bit mode or not by looking at Task Manager. If 32bit, under the Processes tab, the exe file will be prefixed by *32. If you have a program you want to launch in 32bit mode and Task Manager isn't helpful, you can try running it using the 32bit cmd.exe, which exists in C:\windows\syswow64.