CPU usage = 100%

limette

Hello!

My CPU usage is of 100% since yesterday.

There's no virus on my computer - my av is up to date and I've even scanned my hard disk on symantec's website.

I was trying to configure my printer to share it with another computer yesterday before I discovered the problem (that I've never encountered before).

My processor is a 2,80 GHZ Pentium 4 and I have 512 Mo of RAM...

What could be the problem?

Thanks!

This isn't an old beta of Service Pack 2 by any chance is it? There was an issue that caused spoolsv.exe (or something along that) shooting the CPU usage to 100% when trying to connect to a network printer.

As I can see, it's spoolsv.exe (99%)... so it has to do with an beta of service pack 2?

Earlier, I've unistalled my printer... it's plug and play so when I rebooted the computer it detected it and installed it... I've selected "do not share this printer"...

But still... my CPU usage is at 100%! :):rolleyes:

What should I do?

As I can see, it's spoolsv.exe (99%)... so it has to do with an beta of service pack 2?

Earlier, I've unistalled my printer... it's plug and play so when I rebooted the computer it detected it and installed it... I've selected "do not share this printer"...

But still... my CPU usage is at 100%! :)  :rolleyes:

What should I do?

Eighter you upgrade to latest SP2 that is RC1 build 2096 or you uninstall your printer.. Both the service and the hardware. Or you go back to running SP1 if you kept the uninstall files..:D

Or if you have more than one computer and one of those are running SP1 you could try to get the spoolsv.exe file from that puter and copy it onto the one you are having problems with.