IE resizing

Shark007

It just plain annoys me when i'm browsing the net and certain pages cause IE to resize to fill the viewable area.

I set it to a size and placement i prefer, and i expect it to stay that size.

I multitask alot, and want to constantly view tasks in the backgraound as i browse the net.

Does anyone know a way to force IE to not be resized by web pages?

thanks

Shark007

I have the same problem myself and its very anoying. I havent found a way to force the window to remain the same size when a website trys to change it, but i have found a way to force it to open to the same size every time no matter what size it was when closed.

Under Tools/Internet Options/Home Page, enter this...

java script:resizeTo(800,600);moveTo(0,0);document.location.href='yourhomepag e'

Thats all one word, no spaces, put your home page between the quotes and change the 800x600 to whatever rez suits you.

It wont stop websites from resizing the window, but at least when the window is closed, it wont take on a default size, it will keep the one that you set.

If i find a way to stop web pages from resizing the IE window, i'll let you know.

OK,

I cant find a way to do it from IE, but i hear that theres some software that can stop IE from being resized. I personally dont want any more software running in the background on my pc so i came up with an idea.

Using the JS from my post above, i did this....

created a new link (or bookmark/favorite)

right clicked and selected properties

edited the url and replaced it with this script "java script:resizeTo(1000,730)" (replace rez with your own)

clicked "OK"

IE will complain about a problem with the shortcut, just click "Yes"

This works great for me. Whenever i wonder into a site that resizes my window, i click my "Resize" link on my toolbar and the window pops back to my default size.

Hope this helps.

Exodia ...

thanks for the scripting hints, it does help to make it easier to get the IE window back to where it originated.

I wouldnt really mind the resizing if it would maximize it, cause then you can just click the 'max' box to get back to where you were ( size/position ) but it just resizes to full viewing area, which means it takes over the settings of size and position.

I was hoping there was a 'check' box somewhere that i hadnt noticed which would just disable this from happening altogether.

Thanks again for your input ...

Shark007

Oops, i had forgotten about this.

I found a way to stop web pages (the ones i visit anyways) from resizing your browser.

Internet Options->Secutiry Tab->Custom Level Button

Scroll down a bit and under "Active Scripting" set to disable.

This will stop web pages that use java scripting to resize IE, from resizing IE. :)