Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6

jjn1056

Someone had posted on this forum a way to semi-silently install this app using the following method:

SETUP.EXE /s /v"/qr  REBOOT=Suppress REBOOTPROMPT=S"

You can add to this the ADDLOCAL property, which allows you to control which modules get installed. The following modules are available:

ECDC6

CreatorApps

DragToDisc

LabelCreator

RoxioPlayer

SuperNova

PMStudio

DskTopIcon

PMStudioVCD

PMStudioDVD

I'm not sure what each module is for at this time, although some are obvious by their name. Personally, I leave out the 'supernova' module, which is their ripping and media management tool, because if you use this, it takes control of all the wav and other media files on you PC. I also drop the dsktopicon and lablecreator, since I don't have a printer!

Here's my setup command:

SETUP.EXE /s /v"/qr ADDLOCAL=ECDC6,CreatorApps,DragToDisc,PMStudio,PMStudioVCD,PMStudioDVD REBOOT=Suppress REBOOTPROMPT=S"

• 5 months later...

stupid q:

i have the cd in my cd-rom drive, and i see a large list of files, including:

Autorun.inf,Data.Cab,ECDC6.msi,Install.exe,Install.ini,instmsia.exe,instmsiw.exe,setup.exe,setup.ini

and folders:

Utility, Redist,Readme, Partners

Do I need to copy ALL these to a folder on my harddrive to be able to use it on my unattended CD?

Someone had posted on this forum a way to semi-silently install this app using the following method:

SETUP.EXE /s /v"/qr  REBOOT=Suppress REBOOTPROMPT=S"

You can add to this the ADDLOCAL property, which allows you to control which modules get installed.  The following modules are available:

ECDC6

CreatorApps

DragToDisc

LabelCreator

RoxioPlayer

SuperNova

PMStudio

DskTopIcon

PMStudioVCD

PMStudioDVD

I'm not sure what each module is for at this time, although some are obvious by their name.  Personally, I leave out the 'supernova' module, which is their ripping and media management tool, because if you use this, it takes control of all the wav and other media files on you PC.  I also drop the dsktopicon and lablecreator, since I don't have a printer!

Here's my setup command:

SETUP.EXE /s /v"/qr ADDLOCAL=ECDC6,CreatorApps,DragToDisc,PMStudio,PMStudioVCD,PMStudioDVD REBOOT=Suppress REBOOTPROMPT=S"

I have a PowerDVD suite which also installs a suite of applications and would like to limit what it installs. How did you find the values for the EZ CD Creator for ADDLOCAL?

• 2 weeks later...

awesome work jjn1056, thkz for the info.

I was able to unattendedly install only the base eccd app and the dragtodisc feature!

I just created an install.bat with the following:

e:\SETUP.EXE /s /v"/qr ADDLOCAL=ECDC6,CreatorApps,DragToDisc REBOOT=Suppress REBOOTPROMPT=S"

worked like a charm. now to place it in the CD!!!

I have a PowerDVD suite which also installs a suite of applications and would like to limit what it installs. How did you find the values for the EZ CD Creator for ADDLOCAL?

You open up the MSI and look at the feature table.

Shoot, it's an installshield program. Any program to modify that?

Shoot, it's an installshield program.  Any program to modify that?

You're not modifying the setup.exe, edit the .MSI file. Any MSI editor can do that, Installshield, Wise, Orca, etc. It doesn't matter if it was created with Installshield or not.

Orca is free, and should work fine. WinInstallLE is another free one, but I haven't used it. Or try a eval version of Wise or Installshield. All you are doing is checking the names on the feature table.

Shoot, it's an installshield program.  Any program to modify that?

You're not modifying the setup.exe, edit the .MSI file. Any MSI editor can do that, Installshield, Wise, Orca, etc. It doesn't matter if it was created with Installshield or not.

Orca is free, and should work fine. WinInstallLE is another free one, but I haven't used it. Or try a eval version of Wise or Installshield. All you are doing is checking the names on the feature table.

I know, there is no .MSI file :}

• 2 weeks later...

I need help with Easy CD Creator 6. When I'm installing it with WPI, it will get to about half way done, and another application will start installing. Sometimes it won't let the next applicaiton install because Easy CD Creator isn't finished. Is there a way I could make ECDC 6 finish installing before the next application starts?

I'm using the following code:

%systemdrive%\install\Applications\easycd6\SETUP.EXE /s /v"/qr ADDLOCAL=ECDC6,CreatorApps,PMStudio REBOOT=Suppress REBOOTPROMPT=S"

I am thinking that using ECDC6.msi would be easier for me. But if I use the ECDC6.msi, can I still specify which parts to install? (Like the ADDLOCAL key above?)

I'm using the following code:

%systemdrive%\install\Applications\easycd6\SETUP.EXE /s /v"/qr ADDLOCAL=ECDC6,CreatorApps,PMStudio REBOOT=Suppress REBOOTPROMPT=S"

I am thinking that using ECDC6.msi would be easier for me.  But if I use the ECDC6.msi, can I still specify which parts to install?  (Like the ADDLOCAL key above?)

Yes, you can use the MSI.

Everything in your commandline after the /v is a MSI switch anyway.

/qr ADDLOCAL=ECDC6,CreatorApps,PMStudio REBOOT=Suppress REBOOTPROMPT=S

so, would this be correct?

%systemdrive%\install\Applications\easycd6\ECDC6.msi /qr ADDLOCAL=ECDC6,CreatorApps,PMStudio REBOOT=Suppress REBOOTPROMPT=S

and do you think this would solve my problem with the program installations overlapping?

so, would this be correct?

%systemdrive%\install\Applications\easycd6\ECDC6.msi /qr ADDLOCAL=ECDC6,CreatorApps,PMStudio REBOOT=Suppress REBOOTPROMPT=S

and do you think this would solve my problem with the program installations overlapping?

Are you using start /wait in your command line?

For example:

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\easycd6\ECDC6.msi /qr ADDLOCAL=ECDC6,CreatorApps,PMStudio REBOOT=Suppress REBOOTPROMPT=S

Other than that, I don't know what would be causing them to overlap.