TMPG From PegaSYS

I am having trouble with these installers

"TMPGEnc 2.5 Plus" & "TMPGEnc DVD 1.5" From Pegasys with the switches

setup.exe /s /v/qn

The problem is that it reboots after the install is done even if I put in the following switches

setup.exe /s /v"/qn REBOOT=Suppress"

I Can't make it work, and I even extracted the Temporary files and in the Setup.INI it is actually supposed to suppress the reboot on it's own. I don't get it. Everything else is working great except that installer and the TMPG2.5 Plus installer. Both are from Pegasys.

Anyhelp is Much appreciated.

I have tried all the Possible Switches and discovered a few things but none end up working.

the package is a Installsheid package with an MSI.

So the Line:

setup.exe /s /v"/qn REBOOT=R" Should work. However it does not. So I though Maybe it wasn't reading the Paramaters in the /V switch which is passed to the Msi installer.

You can do this with any MSI, and Specify more than 1 /v so:

setup.exe /s /v"/qn" /v"REBOOT=R"

and the line is still valid.

Anyway, i tried it all

setup.exe /s /v"/qn" /v"REBOOT=R"

setup.exe /s /v"/qn" /v"REBOOT=ReallySuppress" <--The Switch is really only the first letter after "REBOOT="

setup.exe /s /v"REBOOT=R" /v"/qn"

setup.exe /s /v"/q"

setup.exe /s /v"/qn REBOOT=R"

setup.exe /s /v"/qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress"

And then nothing still works, and no program I have tried hae worked either.

The REBOOT=R command does work with the Package. I tried it without the Silent install and it does not ask me to Reboot. However if I add in the /q switch it will reboot.

This is really starting to frustrates me, I can get the MSI Package from the temp files and run a Msiexec command line install to make it work but that is a hell of alot more work, and switches. I'll give it a try if no one have any other Ideas for me to try.

Later,

john

BTW this forum rocks, MSFN is one of the best sites I've visited in a good long while.

Alright I keep posting here,

Ok, I think I can use Taskkill to stopthe reboot,

with the

setup.exe /s /v"/qb"

it pops up a "You Must reboot to finish the installation" window. If I end the task It does not reboot. it there a way I can use taskkill to waituntil the end of the installation and they kill the task?. The task is "MSIEXEC.EXE" 3 instances run during the install.

Please Let me know.

Thanks.

I have copied the folder made after installing TMPEnc to $OEM$\$Progs and the folder will get copied over during windows setup.Export the reg entries containing your serial number and import them during RunOnceEx.cmd or other cmd file.

I dont know if the same will work for TMPGEnc DVD but it may be worth a try.