WINPE 3.0 and Ghost32

pashadowops

Hello all,

I am wits end here. I have managed to get my new ghost.wim file to actually boot right into the ghost console however, no matter where I install the latest drivers for our new computers, I cannot get Ghost to recognize them.

I added the latest drive to the #2 index but they are not recognized. I then thought to add them to the #1 index but then, WDS would not recognize the wim at all.

What am I missing here. These are the steps I have taken thus far that have worked.

I mounted the boot.wim from the Windows 7 media and renamed it to ghost.wim.

After the wim was mounted I created a Ghost folder and copied the ghost32.exe file to it.

I then copied the winpeshl.ini to the system32 folder of the mounted wim. Here are the contents of that ini file -

[LaunchApp]

AppPath = %SYSTEMDRIVE%\GHOST\ghost32.exe

That being done, I save and unmount the wim. When I PXE boot and select that boot file, everything works up until the point where the Ghost multicast kicks in. I cannot get it to recognize and nic drivers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, did I mention I have never done this before. I am learning under the gun and am too young to be losing my hair...

I think your not initializing the lan.

Instead of modding winpeshl.ini, edit startnet.cmd and add:

wpeinit

ping 127.0.0.1 -n 16 -w 1000>null

%SYSTEMDRIVE%\GHOST\ghost32.exe

wpeint initializes the nic.

Ping is used as a delay so there's time for nic init/ip allocation..

run ipconfig to check nic status.

Also, you may need to add the nic drivers to your wim.

::-------------- Add Drivers to x86 WinPE ----------------------

dism /image:c:\WinPE_x86\mount /Add-Driver /driver:c:\Drivers_x86\Network /recurse /forceunsigned

Hope it works for you!