Oh what a Night

uschie

To all,did shortcuts to the desktop for msfn,techzonez and soft.t &t, tested the shortcuts and all led to st&t,looked at the shortcuts properties and all of them were named st&t, changed all of them,and still no go.Then ie displayed"open file error 3" when i wanted to go to msfn also page can not be displayed.Then no sound on aol,so i looked at aol system onfo. to clear cache and uninstall adopter,i got this mess."aol system info. not responding". Then i wanted to use ms mess. to check my hotmail it told me ms mess. service not found.I downloaded tweakxp from blackwars link earlier and thought maybe i should do a system restore point back a few days, it would not let me do any restor points.Then i went to scan disk {have not done it in a while},it froze and would not let me close it out.Got the pc back a month ago from emachines with more corrupted files the when i send it in.Callt emach. tech support and the tech asked if i downloaded any micro.updates because he got 15 calls today with simular problems.What do you think is this a hardware or software clitch and what is your suggestion??:cry

Hey... when you get done with all of that, these floors need a good cleaning... :spaced

Just acting a little stupid, sorry man.... I can't help you, but i'm sure there

is some ppl on this board that can & will... hang in there bro..!

Cheerz..

Jackpot

Unlikely defrag makes a difference in all this fthrjack!

uschie, if services are not found and programs are freezing, then you probably have bad sectors on your hard drive. Lost data on the hard disk even when the uninstall info for those apps and services still lie somewhere else on your hard disk.

If you know your hard drive manufacturer, go to their site and download their diagnostics apps. Chances are they're DOS apps, so make a bootable floppy and copy the app over to it, and then reboot and run.

This sounds like what happened when I updated to ZoneAlarm 3 when it first came out. I could not do a system restore and had lost files, could not get linked to sites. I had to uninstall ZA3 and then do a system restore. Seems like I had to do something else as well in the way of an uninstall as well. Any way I just keep going back until I could get the system restore to work and then all was fine with the world once again.......

Sorry it took so long to get back. I was bussy cleaning jackpots floors.(with he's a**) I defrag once weekly. Do not yet have virus protection because i don't know what kind to get.Did do a freebie scan ,it came up clean.Emachines agrees with AaronXP and wants me to send the P.C. in for a looksie.I could probably do what AaronXP suggested but i'm to scared,being a newbie.:)

Do not yet have virus protection because i don't know what kind to get. [/quote:536368c19e]

[b:536368c19e]Bingo...[/color:536368c19e] [/b:536368c19e]

Virus could well be a likely candidate..? Or maybe not...Lol

I had ram that wasn't seated properly that created problems alot like these, so our guess is good as ours!

Man uschie.... the floors look great, but my butt the seat of my pants are all wet... heheh

Hope you get your machine back up to speed soon..!

-Jackpot

System restore-----------works

Scan disk--------------works

Mess.-----------works

everything----------------works,again

Now what?send it in anyway?To send or not to send is the question?What the hell happend?

Jackpot,i'm so glade you like your floors,call on me anytime.Sorry about the wet butt:D :):rolleyes:

Nothing that i know of , that's the problem.Now i don't know what to do.Unless i'm a freaking computer wizzard and don't know it hahaha. It is strange do i shure wish i knew what h append ,not knowing the answer is the bad part.:) Could the pc gotten to hot??

uschie... let me have that PC that's acting up for about 6 or 7 years so i can go

totally thru it and try and get to the bottom of this problem..!

He hee, I said bottom, my booty is now dry and NO MORE floor

cleaning for awhile, thanks for NOt Axing..!

Well, glad to hear it's now working, kinda...you still don't know what the problem was though..?!

G-luck..!

JP