UURollup v10 Problems

Okay, I recently downloaded tomasz86's latest version of UURollup (version 10) in VMware and when I attempted to install it, i ran into a error message stating that the "parameter was incorrect ", that UURollup v10 was partially installed and may cause Windows 2000 to not work correctly. And then when I rebooted, I was greeted with this fatal error message:

System Shutdown

The system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off.
Any unsaved changes will be lost. The shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM.

Timer before shutdown : 00:01:00

(timer counts down to 0 before rebooting)

I get greeted with the message below:

The system process 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\services.exe' terminated unexpectedly with status code 128.
The system will now shut down and restart.

When the system restarts, the shutdown error message continues to show up over and over. :(

The only way to fix this is to go into Safe Mode and uninstall UURollup v10 and revert to UURollup v9b, which is the latest stable version until there is a workable version of UURollup v10. Is there a way to fix this error that I pointed out above that caused Win2k to not work correctly with UURollup v10 installed?

I already did a back up of the hard disk image where the Win2k OS is installed in case something goes wrong.

Edited by ppgrainbow

How recent is recently?

I'm sure you downloaded the pre-release version. The error you're talking about has been fixed in the "official" version (thanks SearanoX for help in solving this problem). What I mean is that the file currently available to download is different than the one you downloaded. You can download it again and compare MD5 - they will not match.

I'm sorry about what happened but there was a reason I didn't announce UURollup-v10 earlier :( because I wanted to test it thoroughly. The version available to download at the moment should be error-free.

For anyone interested in the technical aspect of the problem ppgrainbow experienced: Reg.exe is not present in the system which causes one of the commands used to load the Default User registry fail. Because of that later registry changes cannot be added and the UURollup installer exits after replacing files. The effect is that only files have been copied but no registry changes have been done. Therefore the system cannot boot.

I fixed the problem simply by adding reg.exe directly to the UURollup-v10 archive.

Edited by tomasz86

How recent is recently?

I'm sure you downloaded the pre-release version. The error you're talking about has been fixed in the "official" version (thanks SearanoX for help in solving this problem). What I mean is that the file currently available to download is different than the one you downloaded. You can download it again and compare MD5 - they will not match.

I'm sorry about what happened but there was a reason I didn't announce UURollup-v10 earlier :( because I wanted to test it thoroughly. The version available to download at the moment should be error-free.

For anyone interested in the technical aspect of the problem ppgrainbow experienced: Reg.exe is not present in the system which causes one of the commands used to load the Default User registry fail. Because of that later registry changes cannot be added and the UURollup installer exits after replacing files. The effect is that only files have been copied but no registry changes have been done. Therefore the system cannot boot.

I fixed the problem simply by adding reg.exe directly to the UURollup-v10 archive.

The size of the UURollup is 48 MB and you're right. What I downloaded was the pre-release version of UURollup v10.

Can you or anyone else provide a link to the official version of UURollup v10? I would like to try it out in a VM one again before I apply the update on the host PC. :)

Excellent website BTW tomasz!

Thank you. Actually, it's just the beginning. I hope to add more things later like a very detailed guide about making SFXCAB archives and many others.

Please let me know if there are any errors or if there's anything missing, etc.

@tomasz,

I can't reply to you over at mozillazine anymore, moderator 'james' is being a real dick,he even, like a coward, deleted his final post after

splitting and locking the thread "End of support for Windows 2000" because I reported him to admin.

The split part of the thread just ends at Frank Lion now. Jason Kersey is just as bad.

Through a proxy though I saw your statement on the time zone and UR2.

@tomasz,

I can't reply to you over at mozillazine anymore, moderator 'james' is being a real dick,he even, like a coward, deleted his final post after

splitting and locking the thread "End of support for Windows 2000" because I reported him to admin.

The split part of the thread just ends at Frank Lion now. Jason Kersey is just as bad.

Through a proxy though I saw your statement on the time zone and UR2.

Oh dear, I can't believe that James would do such a thing! :realmad:

tomasz86, it looks like that we have a problem with the latest UURollup as I installed it through a VM. I even disabled network sharing and find that it still doesn't work. I'm getting a "The parameter is incorrect." error message. :(

I sure hope that there is going to be a UURollup v10a to correct this "The parameter is incorrect" error message that causes Win2k to not work correctly after UURollup v10 has been partially applied.

Update: Okay, here's the reason. I installed the UURollup v10 the first time and got "The parameter is incorrect" error message causing the UURollup v10 to be partially installed causing Win2k to not work correctly. To fix this, I had to go into Safe Mode and reapply the UURollup v10 a second time.

When that was done, I had to reboot the VM and UURollup v10 worked! :)

After I test some software for use under UURollup v10, I will uninstall it and apply it on the host PC.

Edited by ppgrainbow

I had gotten the parameter is incorrect problem myself and had reported it to Tomasz. Like he said, Reg.exe was missing from the update pack which would cause the installation to fail. As soon as he added it, the update installed successfully without any problems at all. I had ruined my main PC by installing the bad copy but since then recovered. The lesson here is always test in a VM first before going live with it. XD

I had gotten the parameter is incorrect problem myself and had reported it to Tomasz. Like he said, Reg.exe was missing from the update pack which would cause the installation to fail. As soon as he added it, the update installed successfully without any problems at all. I had ruined my main PC by installing the bad copy but since then recovered. The lesson here is always test in a VM first before going live with it. XD

I agree. I tested it in a VM pretty well before I installed it on my main PC. I sure hope that there will be further improvements to the UURollup from here. :)

Let me cite from my website:

This is the last and final version of UURollup. There are no more updates planned. UURollup will become obsolete when USP 5.2 is ready.

There won't be any new versions of UURollup.

Let me cite from my website:

This is the last and final version of UURollup. There are no more updates planned. UURollup will become obsolete when USP 5.2 is ready.

There won't be any new versions of UURollup.

Thank you for telling me. When USP 5.2 is ready, would I have to uninstall UURollup v10 before applying USP 5.2 or can it be applied directly to UURollup v10?

USP 5.2 requires UURollup v10, so you wouldn't want to uninstall it unless that of course has changed since the alpha build, but I don't believe so.

Thanks so much for the clarification. I can't wait for the final version of USP 5.2 to come out when it's done! :thumbup: