Java 7 Problems with UURollup

Okay, when I installed the latest update to Java 7, the app ran successfully. The problem is that when I use a oekaki app to full view the drawing, clicking on any of the buttons in the Windows View dialogue causes the entire browser to hang! :realmad:

I tried to get a screenshot of the error, but it didn't even work. Is there a way to fix this? :(

If so, I sure hope that it does in UURollup v10. :)

Edited by ppgrainbow

Could you give an example of such an application? I'd like to try it myself here.

For screen shots I recommend Cropper.

Okay. I managed to take a screenshot and upload it onto my Twitpic account. Here's a good example: http://twitpic.com/9w35hj/full

When I use an oekaki application on my Opera USB browser, the app works fine. However, when I click on the F button, I get a option that I want to view the oekaki app in full view (Window view?).

When I even attempt to click on the OK, Cancel or use the x check box to close the window, the Opera browser itself hangs and I have to restart the browser again. The same will apply to other browsers that have Java 7 support enabled.

I have logging disabled. Should I enable the logs to determine what functions caused the Java applet and the entire browser to hang?

Could you try to open this page:

http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

Does it hang there too?

I opened that page and it appears that Java is working as it reports it as "Windwos XP 5.1". :lol:

What what is strange is that when I click one of the buttons in the dialog box, it causes the browser to hang.

Sorry for not replying lately, but I've been slow and trying to catch up here.

I opened that page and it appears that Java is working as it reports it as "Windwos XP 5.1". :lol:

Something seems to be wrong. This is how it should look like:

gGMyo.png

Could you try to fully uninstall Java using ex. RevoUninstaller and install it again?

Edited by tomasz86

Okay, when I installed the latest update to Java 7, the app ran successfully. The problem is that when I use a oekaki app to full view the drawing, clicking on any of the buttons in the Windows View dialogue causes the entire browser to hang! :realmad:

I tried to get a screenshot of the error, but it didn't even work. Is there a way to fix this? :(

Hi.

It seems Windows can't get dialog focus.

It also occurs with Extended Kernel.

x Java 7 update 1

x Java 7 update 5

o Java 6 update 31

o Java 6 update 32

o Java 6 update 33

The browser recovers with terminate Java.exe

Edited by blackwingcat

Hi.

It seems Windows can't get dialog focus.

It also occurs with Extended Kernel.

x Java 7 update 1

x Java 7 update 5

o Java 6 update 31

o Java 6 update 32

o Java 6 update 33

The browser recovers with terminate Java.exe

I knew it. If Windows 2000 can't get the dialog focus properly, the Java 7 applet fails to work correctly either with UURollup v9b or the current version of KernelEx. As a result, the Java process fails to work and causes the browser to hang. :(

I had to use Process Explorer to terminate the non-responding Java.exe process.

And using Revo Uninstaller as tomasz86 pointed out didn't even work. :(

I was hoping if UURollup v10 fixed this issue or not.

Edited by ppgrainbow

Okay, I applied UURollup v10 to see whatever or not this fixed the Java windows app issue, but it still didn't work. :( Can anyone care to investigate what dependencies Java 7 is using to operate the buttons in the Java dialog window?

I think that it similars to GIMP problem.

There is a problem in message loop both.

Okay, I applied UURollup v10 to see whatever or not this fixed the Java windows app issue, but it still didn't work. :( Can anyone care to investigate what dependencies Java 7 is using to operate the buttons in the Java dialog window?

I think that it similars to GIMP problem.

There is a problem in message loop both.

I knew it and the problem has to do with the java.exe executable not working correctly.. GIMP 2.8 will not work correctly on Win2k as it will hog the CPU at 100% until you close it.

Update (2012-07-11): The Java hang even applies to saving oekaki drawings when using Java 7. I don't think that this is a case in the latest update of Java 6 (which will be supported until November 2012).

I think that I will have to do more testing of Java 7 under UURollup v10a and report back. :)

Edited by ppgrainbow