can i install .exe drivers as add on's?

brettsprks

Hi all. I have a problem with some of my OEM drivers. I have recently managed the monumental task of integrating SP3 into my mce 2005 with no errors. Unfortunately i had to use another OEM version of the program with my product key as mine came on the useless recovery partition. Any way as this other version didn't match my hardware none of the pre installed drivers worked, luckily i have managed to get hold of a full set from the manufacturers website. Unfortunately they are the self installing exe type, and when extracted they are the .sys type which nlite doesn't recognise on the add drivers screen. To save me creating another half a dozen coasters does any body know if the.exe drivers can be integrated via the add on's screen or if there is another way to combine the .sys drivers. I would like my entire install to be automatic and avoid having to save the drivers to a folder in the root directory before creating the image for manual install afterwards.

It's all explained in the "Applications Addons" forum (on top of this subsection), but it's requires some reading.

But can you provide a link to those two drivers ? It might still be an easier way.

Hi

Sorry for the delay I didn't get the message until I got home from work, please see below for the link to the drivers.

ftp://ftp.download.packardbell.com/NOTEBOOK/EasyNote%20SW51%20series/Driver/XP/

Which section or thread is the best source of information on expanding and modifying the drivers? I will start researching as sooon as I can.

Cheers

I just tried nforce_ethernet_5024.exe. Looks like a msi file so I just used Universal Extractor(just Google it) and got the inf along with the driver files.

After extracting the exe files nlite reccognised the driver folders. When I can get the peppa pig dvd out of the other computer I'll try and get on the machine and build an iso before the mrs gets on face book. All being well it should be problem solved.

At last it is working as it should complete with all drivers integrated. All I needed was the universal extractor to exand the exe files nlite did the rest. The AMD driver even installed wirh no problems. I also took the liberty of adding a couple of add on packages courtesy of sticky (Thanks for those).