Problems with KB2564958

Killjoy

Hi to all.

I'm using updates form-X- package and simply couldn't integrate hotfix KB2564958 for/in Windows XP x86.

I've tried to use nLite or Rvm.

Every time when I "test" Windows through Virtual BOX, Windows Update reports that hotfix as available for installation.

First, there was a problem with the name of hotfix. Mistake from M-Soft.

After that, problem was the same.

Any solutions, opinions please???

What problem with the name?

That update runs from svcpack so there should be an entry in add-remove programs when show updates is checked. Can you confirm?

Also check for uiautomationcore.dll in system32

What problem with the name?

That update runs from svcpack so there should be an entry in add-remove programs when show updates is checked. Can you confirm?

Also check for uiautomationcore.dll in system32

You didn't understand. Using nLite, KB2564958 WON'T integrate into Windows at all.

Every other hotfix from YOUR package is integrated, only that (KB2564958) is making problem.

Does nLite report an error?

Can you attach your last session.ini

Download it again and replace the one you have been using. http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/9/A/79A50443-29E8-406C-BD1D-37E975BA3113/WindowsXP-KB2564958-X86-ENU.exe

No errors reported.

That one you gave me is identical with the one that I have. I've downloaded that hotfix at least 100 times.

nLite says after integration: The installation grew 0,01MB.

Right now, I'm going to install VirtualBOX and test that Windows.

I'm slipstreaming these hotfixes, in 3 or 4 sessions.

1nondirect.jpg

2pack1g.jpg

2pack2.jpg

2pack3.jpg

3dotnetdxc.jpg

4ie8.jpg

Btw, I'm using Windows XP SP3 clean for integration of hotfixes.

At first, that was ONLY Windows XP.

I've slipstreamed SP1, than SP2 and SP3 at the end.

Last Session.ini

Edited by Yzöwl

You should be doing everything in one go. Except the SP. That can be done at the beginning by itself then save that as your clean source. Make a copy of it and work on the copy.

You only need to integrate SP3 not 1, 2, and 3. SP3 has everything in 1 and 2.

Look in your i386 folder for a file named SVCPACK.IN_. Please attach it to your next post. Also look for uiautomationcore.dll, oleacc.dll and oleaccrc.dll in your i386 folder.

nLite says after integration: The installation grew 0,01MB.
That's wrong. It should grow by about a MB when only doing that update.

You should be doing everything in one go. Except the SP. That can be done at the beginning by itself then save that as your clean source. Make a copy of it and work on the copy.

You only need to integrate SP3 not 1, 2, and 3. SP3 has everything in 1 and 2.

I have that Windows 9 years. SP2 was not available back than. So, I've slipstreamed Sp1, than Sp2 and in 2008 Sp3.

Look in your i386 folder for a file named SVCPACK.IN_. Please attach it to your next post. Also look for uiautomationcore.dll, oleacc.dll and oleaccrc.dll in your i386 folder.

All three files are in RAR.

Download from here http://www.mediafire.com/?o554ki5v1ppad7k.

By the way, I'm integrating files in 3 sessions.

I've separated hotfixes on those with NON DIRECT integration and others. Only that.

Dx, DotNET and others are also integrated after hotfixes.

Edited by Killjoy

Here's your problem....

svcpack.inf

[setupHotfixesToRun]

kb942288-v3.exe /q /n /z /o /b:sp3qfe

kb971513.exe /q /n /z /o

kb898461.exe /q /n /z /o

KB973685.EXE /quiet

kb2570947.exe /q /n /z /o /b:sp3gdr

kb2603381.exe /q /n /z /o /b:sp3gdr

kb2633952.exe /q /n /z /o

kb2661637.exe /q /n /z /o /b:sp3gdr

kb2647518.exe /q /n /z /o /b:sp3gdr

directx32.exe

WUA.exe /quiet /norestart

AVC89.EXE -gm2 -ai

AVC10.EXE -gm2 -ai

There should be a kb2564958.exe /q /n /z /o line there along with the binary, KB2564958.exe, in the svcpack folder.

Start over with a fresh copy of your XP source and do everything in one go and check that those 2 things are there.

Here's your problem....

svcpack.inf

[setupHotfixesToRun]

kb942288-v3.exe /q /n /z /o /b:sp3qfe

kb971513.exe /q /n /z /o

kb898461.exe /q /n /z /o

KB973685.EXE /quiet

kb2570947.exe /q /n /z /o /b:sp3gdr

kb2603381.exe /q /n /z /o /b:sp3gdr

kb2633952.exe /q /n /z /o

kb2661637.exe /q /n /z /o /b:sp3gdr

kb2647518.exe /q /n /z /o /b:sp3gdr

directx32.exe

WUA.exe /quiet /norestart

AVC89.EXE -gm2 -ai

AVC10.EXE -gm2 -ai

There should be a kb2564958.exe /q /n /z /o line there along with the binary, KB2564958.exe, in the svcpack folder.

Start over with a fresh copy of your XP source and do everything in one go and check that those 2 things are there.

You already told me about that here.

Fresh copy??? Where da hell should I find fresh copy of XP???

I have XP with SP3. Only that. My original disk is destroyed long time ago.

What do I have to do?

Trying to find "PURE" XP online??? You must be joking.

I'll try with the one I have.

EDIT:

Success!!! Only if I integrate that hotfix, not with the others, it's working. Installation grew 1,35MB.

But IF I integrate along with the others, that little prick is making problems.

STUPID Microsoft!!! Tnx man!

EDIT:

More problems on the way. Some hotfixes reporting something like "file is not present in ISO to be updated" etc.

Before fixing the problem with KB2564958, I didn't have problems with other hotfixes.

Btw, there are some conflicts between some hotfixes.

I'll try again all over from the beggining and post problems in pictures.

I MUST put some hotfixes in separate folder because in you "package" you don't have all of them, only "high risk" hotfixes, for example 971513.

You should check this out.

35812349.jpg

85913771.jpg

20749322.jpg

36611039.jpg

14181564.jpg

43133071.jpg

95418294.jpg

Edited by Yzöwl

I don't know what you are doing to cause all that. I just did a test run with only the files that UDC downloads/makes and it works perfectly(except I discovered a bug with KB977816).

I MUST put some hotfixes in separate folder because in you "package" you don't have all of them, only "high risk" hotfixes, for example 971513.

Those dialogs are expected. nLite is simply complaining that either (1) the file in the patch is not present in the CD, or (2) the file in the CD is newer than the patch.

EDIT: Wait a minute! Killjoy, you don't need the KB971513 as it was replaced by KB2564958. Remove KB971513 and you'll fix your problem.

Edited by Explorer09

Those dialogs are expected. nLite is simply complaining that either (1) the file in the patch is not present in the CD, or (2) the file in the CD is newer than the patch.

EDIT: Wait a minute! Killjoy, you don't need the KB971513 as it was replaced by KB2564958. Remove KB971513 and you'll fix your problem.

Really? I'll try. Tnx.

I get no such dialogs. He's adding who knows what and doing multiple nLite runs.

Oh yes! I've tried to do what you've said. Put all hotfixes together and try to integrate them all at once. About 30 errors poped-up.

OK???

I'm not doing anything special. Just trying to install all of them.

Look -X-, I'm just following your package.

How da hell should I know that 971513 is replaced by 2564958 IF you didn't wrote that on your "update" page???

There are no traces of 971513 there.

Edited by Killjoy

No you are not following my package. If you did you wouldn't be having all these problems.

971513? Where did you get that? What makes you think that needs to be added? Is that a SP2 or SP1 or SP0 update? My website covers Windows XP SP3 high-priority updates only! It's impossible to list everything that one MIGHT add? I'm not a mind reader. Just add what's on my page and you will be fine. Why do you feel the need to add more? They are not needed!

Edited by -X-

No you are not following my package. If you did you wouldn't be having all these problems.

971513? Where did you get that? What makes you think that needs to be added? Is that a SP2 or SP1 or SP0 update? My website covers Windows XP SP3 high-priority updates only! It's impossible to list everything that one MIGHT add? I'm not a mind reader. Just add what's on my page and you will be fine. Why do you feel the need to add more? They are not needed!

Well, first time when I was using YOUR updates, 971513 was shown under WINDOWS UPDATES in IE.

Here it is.

16258494.jpg

IE hotfix, obviously is not integrated as it should be.

Also 923789 for Flash.

WHY???? I don't know and I don't even care.