add duplicate printer

colore

If the network printer is connected to a print server, you need to setup on the print server another printer queue with the chosen tray set as default.

If the network printer isn't connected to a printer server, you need to setup on your computer another printer queue with the chosen tray set as default.

If the network printer isn't connected to a printer server, you need to setup on your computer another printer queue with the chosen tray set as default.

how do I do this exactly?

I am basically stuck here:

post-97904-0-14253400-1334757477_thumb.p

Edited by colore

How the first one installed on your computer ?

I really dont know :/

in the above window, when I choose "find..." I input some possible names etc with no luck

if I choose the other two options below, will I succeed? I need to know the name or url of the printer, how can I derive it from the other already existing instance of the printer in Control Panel?

You need to have administrative rights, then you can install a LOCAL printer, on a TCP/IP port that is the IP adress of the printer (you need to "Create a new port").

You can ping the printer name to get it's IP or get it in the printer's properties ("Port" tab).