ATI/AMD Catalyst silent install

Octopuss

Have you tried running it through the USSF (Universal Silent Switch Finder)? I know the version is old, but it just might turn up something.

I'd also try starting the package from Command prompt with /? , -h , or -help switches to see if it displays a list of available switches itself.

Cheers

I didn't even think it was possible, but I was very surprised I actually got a result from /? parameter!

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work anyway, the setup seems to go through all the steps correctly but nothing gets installed :(

Apparently this is supposed to work:

setup.exe /unattended_install:"c:\temp\graphics\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF\C7126477.msi";"c:\temp\graphics\Packages\Drivers\WDM\HDMI\W764a\AtihdW76.msi";"c:\temp\graphics\Packages\Apps\PXProfile\PXProfile.msi";"c:\temp\graphics\Packages\Apps\CIM\Win64\ATICatalystInstallmanager.msi";"c:\temp\graphics\Packages\Apps\IntelMedia\WinW764a\WinW764a.msi"; /force_hide_first_run /autoaccept_all /force_close_when_done /ON_REBOOT_MESSAGE:NO

but nothing gets installed - I see the progress window, setup correctly finishes, but none of the packages is installed.

AMD/ATI is really good at using really weird technology. The installer is really weird.

In one of the older installers, I believe it was v.9.x, there was some info in an .ini file about the order in which you can/should install the .msi files to get it working. If that is still the case, than you can install it with silent switches from a simple batch file. Can you tell me which version you are trying to install?

EDIT:

the setup seems to go through all the steps correctly but nothing gets installed
The Catalyst center should be installed, if not the drivers.

Cheers

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

Slight change:

\bin64\setup.exe /unattended_install:c:\temp\graphics\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF;c:\temp\graphics\Packages\Drivers\WDM\HDMI\W764a;c:\temp\graphics\Packages\Apps\PXProfile;c:\temp\graphics\Packages\Apps\CIM\Win64;c:\temp\graphics\Packages\Apps\IntelMedia\WinW764a /force_hide_first_run /autoaccept_all /force_close_when_done /ON_REBOOT_MESSAGE:YES

This does work when simply executed, but doesn't work in unattended Windows 7 installation for some unknown reason :(

Run the downloaded package and after extraction is completed cancel installation and use the extracted files and folders for unattended installation (control center and other stuff can be deleted).

Windows XP: setup.exe /k

Windows Vista or later: setup.exe -INSTALL

If some windows will pop-up during installation:

- Hardware Installation (appear in Windows XP x86 % x64)

- Found New Hardware Wizard (appear in Windows XP x64 only)

- Windows Security (appear in Windows Vista x86 & x64 or later)

you will need an AutoIt script.