Registry file or script to fix disabled installer service in safe mode

bizzybody

Anyone have a registry file or script or anything to automate enabling the installer service in Safe Mode?

I did it on a 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit laptop the other day with the info from http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/117840-uninstall-remove-software-safe-mode.html Note that MSIService in the registry part should be MSIServer

What went worng was a program that caused Windows to lock up when the mouse was clicked once on anything after booting. I figured "I should be able to uninstall this in Safe Mode.". Nope. MS has helpfully disabled the installer service in safe mode.

Whip out the Android phone and found that link, jump-started the installer service, uninstalled the problem program and all was well, especially after a Windows Update visit and 45 new updates.

Having a quick file to simply doubleclick and fix this *before* I do anything else on a Win 7 system would be very handy. I just did find a little exe that adds the data to the minimal option but not to Safe Mode with networking.

Anyone have a registry file or script or anything to automate enabling the installer service in Safe Mode?

I am not sure to get it. :unsure:

That's 3 (three) lines in batch:

REG ADD “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MSIServer” / VE /T REG_SZ /F /D ”Service”
REG ADD “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Network\MSIServer” /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D” Service”
net start msiserver

Am I missing something? :blink:

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz