file system filter manager

William999

you guys prolly get this everyday but when I try to install the file system filter manager it say wrong cd or something and if I download it and install it it says sp2 is newer no need to install. What's with this ? I may as well ask about the waik thing too while Im here cause Ill prolly have trouble with that too. Wait a minute is V-lite even installable and use-able on XP. Last time I tried this I vaguely remember s0omething like that ? I just downloaded the wimflt and extracted to the v-lite folder but it aint working

Edited by William999

Ive follwed all the instructions to the letter I 1st went and got the extract to v-folder thing that someone suggested and put a wimgapi.dll in the installation folder for v-lite. That didnt work . Thrn i went and downloaded the AIK.iso from microsoft mounted it and installed it and then moved that wimgapi.dll file to the v-lite installation folder and still when i start v-lite it wont let me by that install file system filter manager dialogue box. Im begining to think this v-lite is way more trouble then its worth. I mean its been like 10 hours since I started all this the AIK.iso download failed 4 times. Can someone please tell me wtf I'm missing.