how to add recovery console for unattended xp in source i386

You should always have "Press F2 to run Automated System Recovery (ASR)". But for the option "To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console," that comes later during setup you must remove the [unattended] section in WinNT.sif, which means it will no longer be a totally unattended setup.

You'll have to accept the license agreement once during text-mode setup and again during GUI setup. You won't be able to use the $OEM$ distribution folders. And you won't be able to slipstream drivers using OemPnPDriversPath.

Edited by 5eraph

Depending on the media used and on a few other requirements that might make the difference it should be possible - by using a bootmanager such as grub4dos to have more than one WINNT.SIF, and thus choose between the UNattended (BUT with NO recovery console) and an attended (BUT WITH recovery console) or, more simply - and this is definitely possible - add an "independent" recovery console.

jaclaz

if you done this recovery console will come but your unattended windows xp will not be unattended ... i tried my best but i can only make serial key unattended .. all remaining are attended welcome.gif

Edited by sanjeev18

Ok i got it so it is not a good idea.

But tell me that.

Is it possible to add iso live boot cds to xp source like rescue boot cds i really wanna to know if it is possible where to start ?

Ok i got it so it is not a good idea.

Well, NO, it is a GOOD idea and it is perfectly possible.

The posts in this thread say THREE different things:

1. if your CD is unattended you won't be asked to press R to get to the built in Recovery Console
  2. it is possible to ADD a separate instance of Recovery Console to XP install CD by using a bootmanager
  3. the recovery console is there allright on unattended CD's, only you won't be prompted to "press R" BUT you can access it with F10 when prompted for F6 to add drivers

Some reference:

Fourth one is not clear, doesn't descirbe WHAT has been attempted and the results reported are different from those in the above reference thread, which contents have been verified.

Recovery is NOT Repair and Repair is NOT Recovery.

But tell me that.

Is it possible to add iso live boot cds to xp source like rescue boot cds i really wanna to know if it is possible where to start ?

Yes.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com./jonathan.deboynepollard/FGA/questions-with-yes-or-no-answers.html

Start here:

http://reboot.pro/forum/66/

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz