Driver related crashes with lots of RAM installed

TmEE

I recently got a scanner from work that did not like windows 7 and I got to keep it. It is a Packard Bell Diamond 2450, which drivers I could not find, but I found out that Mustek BearPaw 2400 TA plus is same kind of deal and I got the scanner to work.

Now there's a new problem : scanning crashes halfway through with a segfault in the driver, and then in kernel32.dll.

At first I thought it is a KernelEx related issue as the driver had XP stuff in it too, but it turned out not to be the case :

I removed some RAM sticks from my PC so it had 512MB in it, and scanning worked flawlessly.

The machine takes some very nice scans but the driver seems so soil itself with 1GB+ of RAM.

Is there anything that could be done about it ?

I have previously thought of a "limit RAM" setting for an application, kind of like KernelEx settings tabs, but I have no idea how possible it may be...

I had one network card too which seemed to crap out with segfaults all times. I don't remember what it was, but it may have had same kind of problem.

I recently got a scanner from work that did not like windows 7 and I got to keep it. It is a Packard Bell Diamond 2450, which drivers I could not find, but I found out that Mustek BearPaw 2400 TA plus is same kind of deal and I got the scanner to work.

Now there's a new problem : scanning crashes halfway through with a segfault in the driver, and then in kernel32.dll.

At first I thought it is a KernelEx related issue as the driver had XP stuff in it too, but it turned out not to be the case :

I removed some RAM sticks from my PC so it had 512MB in it, and scanning worked flawlessly.

The machine takes some very nice scans but the driver seems so soil itself with 1GB+ of RAM.

Is there anything that could be done about it ?

I have previously thought of a "limit RAM" setting for an application, kind of like KernelEx settings tabs, but I have no idea how possible it may be...

I had one network card too which seemed to crap out with segfaults all times. I don't remember what it was, but it may have had same kind of problem.

I am not aware of issues with Scanners but there is sometimes a memory issue with network drivers particularly Gigabit Ethernet.

Try my RAM Limitation Patch Demo using the /M Option. It only allows 10 Minutes per boot so you will need to test it quickly and uninstall it promptly.