Removed Card Reader Support

Right now I'm stuck on getting the built in Jmicron card reader to work. The hardware registers in Windows but I am unable to install any drivers for it. They all keep failing. Anybody have any experience with this?

I've tried the stock driver @ http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/DriverFileFormats?DriverId=3XKD7&FileId=2731096214

I've also tried the latest and greatest manufacturer driver @ ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/CardReader/Windows/JMB38X_WinDrv_R1.00.66_WHQL.zip

Latest .INF settings are attached.

-Digital

EDIT: I'm interested in any suggestions for additions/removals of my current .INF settings.

A few things I need for sure are:

- Gaming Support

- DirectX support

- OpenVPN Support

- Network/Share files from other computers and devices in my local network (found out I had to keep the firewall component to do that?) EDIT: I then I found out I need to keep ICS for firewall to work....

- Office 2010

- iTunes

a bunch more stuff i can't think of right now and I'll just have to test when the time comes. If anybody has any advice on the stuff mentioned, enlighten me please!

latest.txt

Edited by digitalnerd

I am guessing that INF is for some sort of tool? What is it for? It definately isn't the JMicron driver. Regarding that, I always just install the driver package using Setup, not the actual driver itself.

"What is it for? " Sorry should have explained that in more detail. It's the SD Card reader that you find built in to most laptops.

Trip, thanks for your reply. Turns it somehow magically started working after applying a bunch of different drivers and windows updates.

Consider this case solved. Would a Moderator please close it? I apologize for not knowing what the actual fix is but at least it's worth knowing that my uploaded preset supports the SD Card Reader if your machine has one built in.

EDIT: * SD card reader Yellow question mark will go away and drivers will finish install once an SD card is inserted into the slot for the first time.

-Digital

Edited by digitalnerd