Nlite will not integrate SATA driver

weaman

I'm need to slipstream a SATA driver to install XP Pro via a flash drive on a Notepad with no CD drive and of course no floppy. When I try to do this a box pops up saying nLite has encountered an error and need to close. Event Viewer shows a .NET "problem". I have the XP Pro data on the flash drive and on my hard drive. I had no problem slipping SP3 into both. However I did the following. Used the .NET Cleanup Tool to remove all .NET versions, rebooted, ran the tool again, rebooted. Via the link on the nLite website I downloaded & installed .NET 2 followed by all updates deemed necessary by Microsoft, rebooted, ran the .NET Installation Verification Tool, rebooted, ran same Tool again. In both cases installation completely verified. Nothing has changed. Same box pops up, same Event Viewer error. I did download nLite from the website three times and removed & reinstalled twice. I then installed it on another computer(XP Pro also), verified .NET installation(OK), used the flash drive, and same result. The SATA/RAID drivers I'm using I obtained through links found in this form. I am hardpressed to believe the problem is not in nLite itself.I would appreciate any help at all. I will certainly provide any information needed such as log files, etc. Thanks all.

I had no problem slipping SP3 into both.

With nLite or manually (command line)? If yes, at what point do you get your error when integrating drivers?

I then installed it on another computer(XP Pro also), verified .NET installation(OK), used the flash drive, and same result.

That would be an indication that nLite doesn't like to work on removable drives. A simple workaround would be to perform all operations on a set of files that is on a fixed drive. I don't understand why you insist on processing the files on the flash drive (you can copy them when it's finished or check our "Install Windows from USB" forum).

Very few people have had problems running nLite itself, maybe a search on the exact error would get you a result.

I had no problem slipping SP3 into both.

With nLite or manually (command line)? If yes, at what point do you get your error when integrating drivers?

I then installed it on another computer(XP Pro also), verified .NET installation(OK), used the flash drive, and same result.

That would be an indication that nLite doesn't like to work on removable drives. A simple workaround would be to perform all operations on a set of files that is on a fixed drive. I don't understand why you insist on processing the files on the flash drive (you can copy them when it's finished or check our "Install Windows from USB" forum).

Very few people have had problems running nLite itself, maybe a search on the exact error would get you a result.

The SP3 slipstreaming was done with nLite on both the flash drive and hard drive. It worked just fine. I do have the XP Pro CD copied on the hard drive on this computer but did not want to put put all that on another(my wife's) computer. I am trying this on a hard drive as well as the flash drive.

The error occurs 2-3 seconds after the "Do you want to start the process?" screen appears. The SATA drivers are for an Intel chipset. I do select a single driver and text mode. I've used two files both from links in this form. One contains several controller .inf's while the other is specific for the Notepad chipset I want to install XP on. I get the same error in the same manor either way. I certainly believe nLite must work well for many. How do I get me to be one of those? And, thank you for replying.