Localized updates/hotfixes for Win95/98/Me?

johnyept

Hi.

As the title says, what are the chances of getting all hotfixes/updates in a given language other than English for Windows 95, 98 and/or Me? I wonder why M$ never released such packs after ending support for each Windows version...

At first i was searching for USBSUPP.EXE PT-PT for Windows 95 OSR2.0 (i have USBUPD.EXE in PT-PT), but i started to notice there are many updates and fixes to each system, and it would be nice to put them all together in a CD/DVD and share among other people from the same language. Somehow i think this will never be possible...

For those languages for which someone started creating update packs a long time ago, like French, Italian and Polish, there are numerous localized updates available. For all others it may be already too late. Moreover, there are numerous updates that were never released in more than a handful of languages. So, IMHO, the best bet nowadays is to set up any new machine using the EN-US locale, regardless of where one is. And, BTW, welcome to MSFN! :hello:

Thanks, I guess that confirms my suspicions. I know support ended long time ago, I just can't figure out why they removed the hotfixes from their page, it's not like they would generate that much monthly traffic. Maybe one day someone leaks them all out... we can only hope ;)

Probably someone also had the same idea before, I'll keep searching and maybe one day I'll get lucky :P

I wonder why M$ never released such packs after ending support for each Windows version

They did distribute a 'Windows Security Update CD' in the beginning of 2004, which contained a lot of updates for 95, 98(SE) and ME. Maybe you can search for a copy in your language.