TV Stick driver

CEDRONE

Hi all.

I bought a USB TV Stick named 'HDTV USB DVB-T' (manufacturer unknown, probably Chinese).

It's supplied with a CD ROM with a driver and a video player (Blaze HDTV DELUXE V. 6.0).

I tried to install them on my old computer with Windows 98se and Kernel EX 4.5.1.

Results:

The driver doesn't install - I have a message referring to missing SETUPAPI.DLL: CM Locate DevNodeW

What's the meaning? Is this a file that could be added or is it impossible to use it on WIN 98SE?

(The driver works on WINXP).

As to the player, it seems installed, I made the registration with the number supplied, but doesn't works.

But from the Blaze website I found another version, Standard 6.6, and this seems working at least to play mp3 and mpg files, but its use is limited to 14 days. What should I do?

Thank you very much.

In Win98se, Windows\System\SETUPAPI.DLL imports CM_Locate_DevNodeA from CFGMGR32.DLL.

Win2k/XP+ use the Unicode version: CM_Locate_DevNodeW.

Either your Windows\System\SETUPAPI.DLL has been overwritten with an NT version, or (more likely) the device driver's installer has the NT version packaged with or inside it. Delete the NT version and this error should go away.

Any other DLL's that are packaged with the driver that also exist in Windows\System will likely also need to be deleted.

Edit:

Alas, it's not that simple. :no:

It seems that in XP, SETUPAPI.DLL exports both CM_Locate_DevNodeA and CM_Locate_DevNodeW and forwards the calls to CFGMGR32.DLL.

In SE, SETUPAPI.DLL doesn't provide that service--apps must link directly to CFGMGR32.DLL for those functions.

It should be easy to mod KernelEx to do the forwarding, but KernelEx is no longer being developed. :( And there are probably other NT dependencies lurking just behind this first error message....

If you could post the installer filename and size, plus the version strings from the Properties sheet, I'll try to find it online and analyse the dependencies needed to get the it to run. :yes: (FCC / UPC numbers would also be great!)

Edited by jumper

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your reply. I did not see it when you posted it, I am not using usually this forum.

Sorry, I don't understand which information you ask in the last part of your message, if I TRY TO SEND YOU THE DRIVER TAKEN FROM THE CD will it be OK? How to send it? The setup.exe is about 5 MB.

I understand that this device requires at least WIN 2000 but I wanted to see if it is possible to use it in some way on my PC.

Thank you again.

Edited by CEDRONE