LiteTouch has Encountered an Environment Error

When I do testing, I use actual hardware. I am currently testing some LTI with MDT 2010 right now and am running into an error "LiteTouch has encountered an Environment Error (Boot into WinPE!)" I know WHY this error comes up, the HDD is not blank or it has existing deployment files on it. And I know a workaround is to boot up WinPE, and use Diskpart to wipe the drive.

It can't be that this is the only way to stop this error from coming up! Tell me there is a way to configure my LTI to just format the drive during boot so this error doesn't come up! :wacko:

Not by default, no - it's part of the gather process. You could modify the scripts to handle it, but by default MDT and LTI is supposed to be resilient, so if you have existing content the utilities want to pick up where they left off, not whack and start over.

I can see that being reasonable. I will look into seeing how I can change it.

EDIT: This was happening because I had a partial install. I hadn't waited for MDT to open that yellow screen saying it was done. After you click on that, it deletes the files on the HDD that were causing a problem, which then lets me do a proper reload without having to format the drive each time in between.

Edited by Tripredacus