Can full and trimmed install.wim of same version be merged?

Guys,

I have created 2 install.wims of x64 and x32 of Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 by reverse integration (for integrating SP1 and some updates) and then I have trimmed my install.wims. Now I like to merge all 4 wims into 1 install.wim so that I can have single DVD (multiboot) of full version windows 7 Ultimate (x32 'n' x64) along with their trimmed versions as well.

Is it possible to do and if yes, would I be able to take out any install.wim if I need to, in the future and that too without any problem?

I like gimagex and I have done similar things (merging wims and taking out one wim from multiboot wim) in the past as well, but I am putting this question on this forum just 'coz I have not merged trimmed and full install.wims of same version of the OS.

It doesn't matter what's in the WIM files, you can merge them. Any files that differ will not be stored single instance, so even though the images you are combining have been minimized, the resulting WIM file may take up slightly more space than it would otherwise.

You need to remember that only ONE KEY is available for your Windows 7 copy!

Each version needs a different valid key!

I am talking about Windows 7 Ultimate only. And secondly I am talking about the trial version of the OS itself.

See I just want to know two wims of the same version (ofcourse of different size) be merged or not?

Edited by nice_guy75

Now I like to merge all 4 wims into 1 install.wim so that I can have single DVD (multiboot) of full version windows 7 Ultimate (x32 'n' x64) along with their trimmed versions as well.

Yes you can merge all images you want inside a single install.wim image!

Only Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32-bit and Windows Ultimate SP1 64-bit ( 2 wims), or all the images, if you want.

You can find help here:

http://www.msfn.org/...nd-aio-x86-x64/

Edited by myselfidem

why the reverse integration? SP1 is fully available

Read from here: Go get the Windows 7 SP1 original iso here. straight from MS

Thanks, I know SP1 is already available but the one I was talking about was created earlier and I integrated IE9, patched the theme files and some updates as well so I would stick to the one I have created by reverse integration.