silent installs or dont install at all

TYRRAM666

I was wondering if you guys could clearify a few things ? I read ricktendo64 instruction on how to use autoit3 recorder to make switchless installs of programs you cant find switches for and i also got the add on maker from virtuteck. in the guide he says that you have to add in a cmd $SF_1="app.exe" or something close to that so the installation wont run repeatedly in testing and he says if winexists (SF_1 blah blah) and autowinsetitle $SF_1 blah blah. i have no clue what these are and he doesnt say to take that out for the real installer or leave it in.

Another thing is with the recording. is it ok to use a mouse or do you have to use the alt+n & atl+y key board cuts ? I was also wondering if it was ok to leave the window of the installer and if it was ok to change some settings in the installing prog during the process. Like i was trying to do utorrent (which i cant find a swtch for) and as some of you may know when you close utorrent is closes to tray. Unless you uncheck that in settings. So if you auto install it when its done it minimizes to tray during the windows install process. Can i change that setting while recording and have it close instead of minizmising ?

Yesterday i did about 10 silent installs one after another and they mosly all failed except for chromeincognito and utorrent. The chrome opens during install of windows and you close it and its never to be seen again and i somehow managed to make utorrent open but i still had to go through the install manually. When i compile and .exe out of the au3 script do i then have to make a .cab out of the installer to be able to include it in nlite. and what about .exe files that dont install but just run like hijackthis and the incognitochrome ?

With the add on maker do i have to add a silent install cmd when making a .cab if ive already made the exe with autoit. When i added the provided cmd in addon for antispy from the drop down list i got some error says i misspelled the cmd or something. And do i have to use SXF or not and what is that ? i was also wondering why the .cab files are so big ? i mean utorrent and ccleaner added over 200mb to my iso, is there any way to minimize these. I guess i just need general clearification on both progs and how they work in nlite.

I also noticed that ricktendo64 was on the banned list so no im doubtfull about everthing he said.

was also wondering why the .cab files are so big ? i mean utorrent and ccleaner added over 200mb to my iso, is there any way to minimize these. I guess i just need general clearification on both progs and how they work in nlite. <BR sab="281">I also noticed that ricktendo64 was on the banned list so no im doubtfull about everthing he said.

There are probably some other files in the .cab. Open them and see for yourself. Choose a a separate folder and put inside only the files needed to make the .cab.

NO, ricktendo64 is certainly NOT banned, and the biggest mistake would be not to trust him.

Cheers

ok i thought that so i started putting everything in a seperate folder now they are really small and ive started opening and running the script and the exe and for the last one it is totally automated works perfect but when i put it in with nlite make the iso and install on vm it stops at 13 minutes regestering components and ive noticed on other nlite installs it stops there for a while when installing progs but mine doesnt start moving again ? wtf am i doin wrong ?

Many apps have already made addons posted here and elsewhere in inf and/or svcpack format, no need to use autoIt, ( obviously your doing it wrong anyway, 200mb for utorrent and ccleaner is very huge, normally it should be less than 10mb for both)

You can found my ccleaner addon in the application addons subforum: [Release] CCleaner Slim 3.11.1541 (see the size)

You also have many addons and infos threads posted on other forum, like Ryanvm , Wincert, etc...

I have made maybe 50 addons, & i used even more, and i never had to use autoIt to install an app. Never.

Addons syntax is quite simple really, and with these three forums you'll have all the infos needed at hand.

Regards.

Edited by mooms