Complete files suddenly becoming incomplete

I have 4 Partitions on my SAMSUNG F3 HD103SJ 1TB hard disk(C,D,E,F). The problem only happens with the E: Drive(232GB).

Whenever i download a file in that drive it becomes incomplete after i restart my PC. It doesn't happen with every file.

For example if i download a 100mb torrent in that drive and complete it, after i restart my pc and force recheck it, it will suddenly become 90mb and utorrent will show data is missing in the middle of the file.

I didn't ever force recheck without restarting my PC, so i don't know if it has something to do with restart or not. I always properly shutdown my PC.

Few days back i downloaded an Anime in that drive and all the episodes had CRC in the filename. I checked the CRC's and everything was fine. A week later when i rechecked the CRC's using RapidCRC it showed that 2 of the files had a mismatch. This happens with exe files too.

I checked my Hard Disk using the Error Scan of HD Tune Pro 4.61 and it didn't show any errors or bad sectors. Then i scanned that drive using chkdsk /R and after checking for 1 hour it didn't show any errors.

It has become a regular routine, almost all the torrents which are larger than 5 GB needs to download another 100 or sometimes 500mb to re-complete them.

I am using Windows XP SP3 32-bit.

Can anyone kindly tell me what can i do to solve this problem? :(

Edited by rubab

Does the other drives show the same behavior ? I had this behavior some years ago and in the end it was computer memory that was faulty.

So should do crossed tests, test the crc of the file of this hard drive from another computer and test crc of other files from another hard drive on the original computer.

Edited by allen2

Does the other drives show the same behavior ? I had this behavior some years ago and in the end it was computer memory that was faulty.

So should do crossed tests, test the crc of the file of this hard drive from another computer and test crc of other files from another hard drive on the original computer.

No, the other drives don't show the same behavior. Ok i will do a crossed test on all the drives.