Is there a way to enable PME via the command line

clivebuckwheat

You posted this on Social too?

Are you sure it isn't necessarily Windows 7 fault and actually something in the NIC's driver? I am going to think that this isn't a general setting, instead its a per-device setting.

Anyways, there may be some extra info in Implementing WOL code. For example, it actually checks the current state of a NIC's power setting. You could skip this step, but have you tried using that code?

Yes I posted it on social, it is an issue with certain makes and models of intel nics. How I know is because I updated the driver, wol did not work, I updated BIOS wol didn't work. I enabled pme in windows and wol finally worked. I then I went to a machine where I did not update the bios or the nic driver and just updated the pme settings in windows and wol lan worked.

I tried using that script post on social but the problem is it seems to do a alot more then just enable the pme settings. I have about 150 machines I do not want to break.

You posted this on Social too?

Are you sure it isn't necessarily Windows 7 fault and actually something in the NIC's driver? I am going to think that this isn't a general setting, instead its a per-device setting.

Anyways, there may be some extra info in Implementing WOL code. For example, it actually checks the current state of a NIC's power setting. You could skip this step, but have you tried using that code?

I'm taking a look at a driver example. You may want to play with the idea at least unless someone else can figure out something (did you look for any PowerShell cmds? )

Taking for example and Intel NIC driver, e1k6032.inf (and I am aware not all INFs are created equal) I can see something along these lines for where it builds the Reg file:

; EnablePME
HKR,Ndi\Params\EnablePME, ParamDesc, 0, %Enable_PME%
HKR,Ndi\Params\EnablePME, Type, 0, "enum"
HKR,Ndi\Params\EnablePME, Default, 0, "0"
HKR,Ndi\Params\EnablePME\Enum, "1", 0, %Enabled%
HKR,Ndi\Params\EnablePME\Enum, "0", 0, %Disabled%

One would presume that if you have changed the Default it would be enabled?

HKR,Ndi\Params\EnablePME,                     Default,            0, "1"

:unsure: