sysprep and Audit mode

I am installing window 7 Ent from a DVD Disk on a computer:-

[1] At what stage the OS gives me Options to install 32 bit or 64 bit?

[2] while installing can I click CTL+SHIFT+F3 at the stage when OS asks me to create User Name and Password and get into 'Audit mode' to customize the installation?

[3] After I install all drivers/applications/users/shortcuts in Audit Mode, should i capture the image of drive C: to Deploy it on to other computers?

OR reboot into OOBE mode/Generalize and then Capture the image to Deploy?

[4] Can i reboot /restart the computer and stay in 'Audit Mode' till I run 'sysprep' again?

[5] I want to have an Admin Account with a password and an User Account in my Image.How should go about achieving that/

Thanks

Edited by nyorker

I am installing window 7 Ent from a VD Disk on a computer:-

[1] At what stage the OS gives me Options to install 32 bit or 64 bit?

[2] while installing can I click CTL+SHIFT+F3 at the stage when OS asks me to create User Name and Password and get into 'Audit mode' to customize the installation?

[3] After I install all drivers/applications/users/shortcuts in Audit Mode, should i capture the image of drive C: to Deploy it on to other computers?

OR reboot into OOBE mode/Generalize and then Capture the image to Deploy?

[4] Can i reboot /restart the computer and stay in 'Audit Mode' till I run 'sysprep' again?

[5] I want to have an Admin Account with a password and an User Account in my Image.How should go about achieving that/

1. The choice of 32bit or 64bit isn't so much a choice like that, unless you built your install.wim to have one of each in it. Setup will display a list of the images in the install.wim.

2. You should be using an Autounattend and specify the Reseal to Audit Mode switch instead.

3. You need to sysprep and generalize before capture. You need only capture the C. If there is a system reserved partition you don't need to capture that, Sysprep will recreate those files, but you do need to create it on the destination clients first. You do your capture after shutting down. After sysprep is run, if the system is allowed to reboot, the Deployable flag is reset.

4. The PC will stay in whatever mode it is in until you tell it otherwise.

5. Use an answer file with sysprep to create both users.

I syaprep a computer in audit mode/generalize , install whatever I wanted. After customization I sysprep againand selected OOBE/generalize/shutdown.

I created a bootable winPE UFD with imageX and booted the computer.

At the command prompt X:\> I changed the directory to my UFD drive CD D:\[ my imageX is in D:\]

and ran the following command:

D: imagex /compress fast /check /scroll /capture C: C:\myimage.wim "Windows Ultimate" "My Custom Windows Image 1"

The system took a time to create the image.

Now myimage.wim file is created on my drive C:\ .

I copy this file through 'explorer ' and paste it to my thumb drive D:\.

the entire content of my installation win 7 media is on another boot-able USBDisk[uFD] H:\

If I delete the install.win file from the location H: \source\ install.wim, and copy the myimage.wim file from D:\ at the same location [H: \source\ ], and change its name to install.wim by right clicking it.

Can I install this customized image at UFD H: to the same kind/model/type of computers ?

Is it possible this way

Thanks for the swift and helpful answer.

I was successful using the above method to deploy the customized win7 image on a different computer, but every time I have to start with Setup process including Keyboard, language, disk format etc.

How can I make a unattended answer file using MDT2010 or WAIK [image Manger] and where should I place [copy] that .xml file in my USB Flash drive with all the above said contents. [my guess is at the root of the H:\]

Please suggest a guide/tutorial with pictures to make answer files.

Thanks

I used ImageX from boot-able WinPE USBKey to copy the image of a computer after using Sysprep and customizing the image.

Now, I am thinking to automate the deployment using Answerfile either on WAIK or on MDT2010. I am thinking to import that image and work on it.

I dont know which one would be better and easier for me. I am not clear about the way to go ahead, I need some guidance.

I have WAIK and MDT2010 installed on my tech computer.