Need help with Opera 10.63

ScrewUpgrading

Hello,

I have Opera 10.63 installed on my computer, along with a few other browsers.

Anyway, I have a question about running Opera and Tiny Personal Firewall. Normally I have the security level set at maximum and it asks me whether to "permit" or "deny" a specific application from running or connecting to my computer.

One thing I've noticed is that with most browsers I usually just get asked "K-Meleon wants to connect to port XXXXXX." And I click permit.

But with Opera, it says that "Somebody from XXX wants to send UDP datagram to Port XXX owned by my computer." Previously, I have always denied this. I just figured that somebody was trying to hack my computer or something. Or maybe Opera wanted to monitor what I was browsing.

To make a long story short, I just decided to permit the UDP datagram, and lo and behold, Opera works like 6 times faster and it's not as annoying. (Just so you know, I'm on dialup.)

The weird thing is, the entire time I've used opera i've always denied the incoming UPD datagram. And I always thought opera was crap. Now that I've permitted it, whatever it is, it seems to be the coolest browser ever. :whistle:

Can somebody explain this?

May be Opera Turbo feature works that way. This feature is intended to speed-up the slow connections by compressing traffic and sending the compressed traffic through Opera turbo servers. Though I don't know the details.

Port 1900 is UPnP port and it has nothing common with Opera Turbo. Activity on port 1900 is a well known bug in Opera - it tries to communicate with other Opera users even if you turn off Opera Link, Opera Unite and detection of local Opera Unite users.