Problem With ISO

pogocomrules1

I made a ISO with nLite used it in a virtual machine. installs ok begins to boot gets to the set-up part where it would ask you to enter all the info "ie: user name; time; location; ect." then it fails and and reboots. can somebody try my iso on their VM. to see if they can figure out why its doing this.

much thanks

kris

File to big let me upload. will email. to whoever wants to try it and help me out thank you.

ok here's my last session. thing i cant see why this would help but will give it a try.Last Session.ini

how do you start a fresh copy of nLite with nothing saved as a preset. just like a first run.

pogocomrules1, the most obvious problem is that you are running a down level version of nLite. Go to the nLite site (ONLY!) and DL the latest (1.4.9.1) and start over.

Do no specify any Preset.

Enjoy, John.

EDIT: Obviously, you must have a fresh copy of your CD's files/folders.

Edited by johnhc

same issue gets to the same point and fails restarts fails again and again.

did what you said new version just files nothing taken out NO presets used. i dont even have a .ini file to attach

Edited by pogocomrules1

same issue gets to the same point and fails restarts fails again and again.

did what you said new version just files nothing taken out NO presets used. i dont even have a .ini file to attach

pogocomrules1, it is impossible to run nLite and not have a .ini file, unless you have selected the option to not save it. It should be in your source folder after running nLite. It sounds like you have not actually run nLite again. Please post your Last Session.ini when you get one. Be sure to answer Kelsenellenelvian's question about your source. You MUST have a valid (legal) copy of XP source, with a valid (legal) key, that has not been modified by nLite or any other program before. When your VM reboots, try hitting F8 and see if you can get into Safe Mode. If you can, then un-check the option for Automatic Restart (My Computer/Properties) and then reboot - post the BSOD code. John.

it is impossible to run nLite and not have a .ini file, unless you have selected the option to not save it.

or unless you only choose "Make ISO" and make no modification at all, which suggests indeed that the source CD (if any) is the problem.

ok to start with yes it is a valid copy and clean.

next yes that is what i did just make an iso with no mods.

third im going to get a new cd when i get some money.

however i did finally get it to work. but when it installs it gives me errors that files are missing but it boots up and lets me get in to the desktop. but it is a very basic copy of windows. with just what it needs to run from what i can tell. i will try it again once i get the new clean files.

if you need any more info please let me know.

kris

however i did finally get it to work. but when it installs it gives me errors that files are missing but it boots up and lets me get in to the desktop. but it is a very basic copy of windows. with just what it needs to run from what i can tell. i will try it again once i get the new clean files.

There is only 1 such type of windows XP and unless you have some very special connections or are quite rich you don't have that version. (WinFLP)

I still think the source of your windows is the problem. Can you scan\take a pic of the disk and upload it for us? Heck just tell us the disk label when it is inserted into a drive...

ok to start with yes it is a valid copy and clean.

next yes that is what i did just make an iso with no mods.

Why do you make an iso with no mod ? Why not start your VM directly from your "valid copy", or even better, from your valid original?