Hotfixes problem

gts

Hello there, I have use a windows XP Pro SP2 cd (Greek version), integrate the SP3 and about 80 hot-fixes. After creating the iso image and installing the "new" operating system, I click on control panel->add/remove programs and I see that there are only about 10 hot-fixes installed. I have to mention that I assort the hot-fixes by date from older to newer before integrate them. Also the only error I get while integrating them is about IE8 which cannot be installed and for the KB890830 which cannot be installed also. I have remove them and I did the iso again and the same problem appears. What i am doing wrong? I can post the list of hot-fixes I integrate if you with. I am waiting your suggestions. (Finally systeminfo tells that there are alot, maybe all, hot-fixes installed. I cannot check if there are all of them, because the 1st 40-50 are listed as "File 1" and not as "KBxxxxxxxxx")

Thank you.

It is normal that they do not appear in Add/Remove Programs because they are integrated, not added. If you want a more specific reply, read the big red message up your screen and attach (not paste) your "last session.ini". About IE8, you cannot simply add the IE8 installer from MS, you need to add an "add-on".

You can't slipstream the WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KBxxxxxx-x86-ELL.exe updates directly. Your WMP will be broken. You need to use the /integrate switch with those. See

Finally systeminfo tells that there are alot, maybe all, hot-fixes installed. I cannot check if there are all of them, because the 1st 40-50 are listed as "File 1" and not as "KBxxxxxxxxx"

SystemInfo is not the best tool to use to verify installed or integrated updates. QFECheck is intended specifically for this purpose. Keep in mind that nLite does not add all the necessary information for QFECheck to work as intended; specific file information is not added which may become helpful for troubleshooting later as more updates are installed.

If you want to skip QFECheck and check manually, you can view the "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP" registry key with RegEdit for information.

I do NOT has a last session.ini :blushing:

I don't know how your post is related to this thread, but anyway, the file is on the system you build the cd with (the system you have nLite installed), in C:\Program Files\nlite\presets\. And unless you changed that option, It is also copied in the working directory and so in the iso and on the cd if you created one.