XP, explorer, game problems

tom

OK, I got away from my pc to cool off a bit. I see from my lasts posts that I got a few "chill out" comments, sorry about the attitude. Moderater please remove my last posts.

I reinstalled Xp and so far have no BSOD My system is: Gigabye GA7DXR, Mb AMD 1400 Cpu with 512 DDR memmory. A Nvidia Gforce3 Ti 200 video card and a sound blaster live X gammer sound card. Lets start with a question about my mother board.

It has a AMD 761 and a Via 686 chip. What drivers do I need to download for this combo., or should I let it go because I have no BSOD. MY current problem is with the game Quake3 arena. When in multiplayer the game locks or pops up a Quake3 has to be shut down error. When playing the screen action stops and flashes a "connection interupted" notice then starts again for a while. Any ideas you guys, what should my TCP-Ip be set at.

"

hi tom, i doubt you need mother board drivers, however they do sometimes help if you update them, it sounds like you need graphics drivers.

heres a few tips, run windows update.

also get the recomended det drivers for your card, ask a few people on here they will tell you which are the beter ones, its not always the latest ones.

for a beter ping: keep your monitor refresh rate at a sensible level around 75hz should be fine, dont set the display mode color settings too high, i doubt you can tell the difference between 24bit and 32bit can you? i cant...

that will help your ping. once you update your drivers lets uf know how you get on with it.

just a thought.. are you on cable/adsl?