Newbie Help: Gaming Oriented Windows XP SP3

Shodex

Hello, I'm new to nLite. I've known of it for a while, finally decided to give it a go. I've searched the forums for this kind of stuff but I still need help.

I want my installation to be optimised mostly for using gaming. I use programs like Steam , Skype and Raidcall. On top of that though, I use the internet, watch movies and listen to music a lot.

What kind of things should I disable and not disable to achieve this? I'll post any information you want, I'm really new to this specific area but I'm not a technological fool. I know my way around a computer very well. Also, if anyone can post a preset that'd be a godsend.

Love,

Shodex

Edited by Shodex

Welcome to MSFN.

I'm not a gamer and have never heard of Steam or Raidcall. However, you can try your luck in this topic even for Skype, internet, players, codecs etc.

As for nLite presets, just one search will tell you that the adopted routine around here is for you to give it a try, test it in a virtual machine, and then, if necessary or there are any problems, you can post your problem here. Basically, you can narrow down the install CD up to 200MB and have a tad more than basic functions. You know well not to remove network-related files, resources or services (like DHCP) to keep internet and gaming functionality, for example. This issue has been discussed before, so use the search function in the nLite forum.

Always use nLite only once on a source (a copy of XP on your PC); that will save you a lot of headaches.

Cheers