Windows 7 failed deployment

Any guidance on determining the limitation of a system in the following (its an MPC T3000, so its ridiculously old, but i would like to find the root cause, and if that can be addressed):

1) a known good sysprepped Windows 7 automated install + shutdown

2) system boots back up, progresses through detect driver phase (goes seemingly fine), and restarts

3) upon boot it hangs at "starting windows" (at this point on other systems it would prompt for compname and timezone).

**Safe Mode displays the line for AGPi and then hangs, but i would hate to blame the integrated video without some kind of evidence other than thats where safe boot stb.

Thanks for any direction.

Edited by iamtheky

First thing to do is make sure you have S3 set in the BIOS if available. Also if there is a primary video setting, make sure that is set.

Also, I noticed this model notebook has a RAM range of 128MB to 2GB. How much is installed? If you are putting 32bit Windows on it (using 32bit WinPE) you need a minimum of 512MB for the PE, but 1GB for the OS.

Boot into a PE and grab the log files from the two Panther folders. It will have better data on where it stopped or failed.

Also, try to do a hand-load on it using an unmodified Win7 disc to see if that works.

stock load doesnt take either, ill grab the contents of the panther folders and double check the BIOS and RAM tomorrow morning and update, thanks trip.

Edited by iamtheky

2 gigs of RAM, no S3 setting in BIOS, attached is the setupact.log. It seemed the only useful log as the setuperr.log is blank.

**setupact.log terminates in the same fashion as successful deployments with this image.

Edited by iamtheky

All of your logs look fine, so I am thinking that the deployment actually works. I might agree with the display driver problem. The reason you can't go into safe mode right away is because the system should still be in OOBE. I have found other cases where this same thing has happened.

I guess the ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 only has XP support. See if you can find a Vista driver and put it in your image (make a copy if you want) and try that. You could also try hooking up an external monitor to the system and see if that makes any difference.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproinstall/thread/28ee0549-8fd2-4f50-92d1-c110d0254ecb