run exe once explorer loads

aaronmarsh632

Hi,

I have an nlited disk which works ok except once the install is finished it runs a program from a network computer, - it doesnt actually work, but once the windows explorer loads, I can run the program again and it will load.

basically I have a folder on my disk called RunOnce with an exe file called installer.exe. The installer.exe runs another .exe file from a networked computer - like a shortcut if you will. On the first run of the computer after the install, the command box opens and runs the other exe's from the disk, but this particular 1 wont run, then explorer starts. as soon as explorer starts I browse the disk to the RunOnce folder and run installer.exe myself and It works. I have to click run tho because its from a networked computer. How can I get round this? Can I make a program automatically run after explorer starts?

Thanks

On the first run of the computer after the install, the command box opens and runs the other exe's from the disk, but this particular 1 wont run, then explorer starts. as soon as explorer starts I browse the disk to the RunOnce folder and run installer.exe myself and It works. I have to click run tho because its from a networked computer. How can I get round this? Can I make a program automatically run after explorer starts?

As you suggest this does just look like a timing issue. If I understand correctly the programs which run without problem are all local and it is only the exe on the remote machine which fails. It is likely that the network is not available when runonce runs.

Have a look at this thread

Edited to add the link to a potential solution.

Edited by gengakusha