Windows 95 Virtual PC Problems

allstar3923

Hello Everyone,

I currently installed virtual PC to try and download a game that I used to play when I was a kid. The game was primarily ran on Windows 95, but should work fine on Windows 98. However, on both the 95 and 98 VD, when I go to download the game, an error comes up stating, "This application requires at least 8MB of RAM to run properly." Does anyone know how I am able to put more RAM onto my VHD? I know you are able to put a certain amount on when you create the new virtual machine, but that doesnt work. Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

Which game is it?

Games tend to be problematic in Virtual Machnes, as they often use "undocumented" fetures or "shortcuts" to make things like video frames faster.

Was it DOS or Windows?

How much RAM have you got in the VM?

"Memory" in a view similar to this:

VirtualPC_MaximumMemory.gif

jaclaz

hello jaclaz,

the game is called "9: The Last Resort" it came out in 1996 and is a puzzle game similar to myst. it is for windows, and i have varied the amounts of RAM as you show a few times already, but it doesnt seem to work for some reason. im currently trying to download it on a windows 2000 VM, and i just finished, the game is working great! i apologize for the inconvenience, but i really appreciate your help!

Thanks again!