Admin password hack

kargar62

I'm the admin on my son's laptop and I've set parental controls. I had my user account password protected so he couldn't change any parental setting. He usually figures out my passwords so I switched to something completely different. Problem being... I can't remember the password. I've tried to find a solution online but can't. I downloaded Ophcrack because it said that it works with win. 7. I can't figure out how to use it. I spoke with a tech. and they said Ophcrack doesn't work on win. 7. I've gone into 'regedit' to try and delete the password. I decided against doing that for obvious reasons... I didn't want to totally mess up the registry. I'm savvy but not that savvy lol. Is there anyone who can give me some guidance on what I should do.

Thanks, Karen

You don't really need to 'crack' the password, (find out what the password is), unlesss you're using drive encryption.

What you should do is simply blank the password, to do this I'd suggest using Kon-Boot (for x86 systems only) or Offline NT Password & Registry Editor.

Please bear in mind that your son may be capable of using the same tool to enter the system and change the parental controls too!